Simple guide to connecting PS3 to the internet

K

kilner

I've read through the book i got with my PS3 and it dont really make alot of sense, any chance anyone could give me a simple guide on what to do to connect to the internet, as i havent got a clue :D

Thanks in advance people

tabs

idealy you need a router, wireless if possible ... most internet service providers give wireless routers out now when you sign up,

the PS3 can connect to the router/internet wireless'ly then, and you wont have the hassle of keep swapping over connections ...

are you on cable or normal BT line ?

Moogle

Distinguished Member
I've read through the book i got with my PS3 and it dont really make alot of sense, any chance anyone could give me a simple guide on what to do to connect to the internet, as i havent got a clue :D

Thanks in advance people

It all depends whether you have ADSL or cable internet and what kind of equipment you use to connect it. It also depends where you PS3 is located and where your broadband is in your house.

K

kilner

idealy you need a router, wireless if possible ... most internet service providers give wireless routers out now when you sign up,

the PS3 can connect to the router/internet wireless'ly then, and you wont have the hassle of keep swapping over connections ...

are you on cable or normal BT line ?

On Virgin. I've got the main internet line in my room, so the router box is about a metre and half away from my PS3

ocelot20

On Virgin. I've got the main internet line in my room, so the router box is about a metre and half away from my PS3

So you have got a router?? If so and its only a meter away just plug the enthanet cable you get with the PS3 and plug one end into the router and the other into the PS3. Then on the PS3 go to sign up to PSN and you should be fine.

If you need anymore help let me know by PM or on this page.

E

Evo-Cop

Thanks in advance people
Hi there. I have a 60GB PS3 which I purchased for my two young boys. I have the latest BT Home Hub which I have wirelessly connected the boys PSP'S to,

Try as I may I cannot get the PS3 connected wirelessly to the hub. The Hub is at the master BT socket and the PS3 is in a room away from it. As such I cannot use the ethenet cable. When I search for the Hub on the PS3 it finds it straight away. I enter the WEP security key and continue as normal. However the PS3 cannot connect to the internet and nevers see the IP address! Have you any suggestions.

ocelot20

Hi there. I have a 60GB PS3 which I purchased for my two young boys. I have the latest BT Home Hub which I have wirelessly connected the boys PSP'S to,

Try as I may I cannot get the PS3 connected wirelessly to the hub. The Hub is at the master BT socket and the PS3 is in a room away from it. As such I cannot use the ethenet cable. When I search for the Hub on the PS3 it finds it straight away. I enter the WEP security key and continue as normal. However the PS3 cannot connect to the internet and nevers see the IP address! Have you any suggestions.

Yer go to settings on the PS3 menu then down to network settings then internet connection settings and change it from wired to wireless then it should work.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom