Simple Freeview Cable Question

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by Kopite4Ever, May 10, 2005.

1. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    right im getting a freeview box well actually one for my pc. now the ariel i use upstairs is the coaxial output from the skybox downstairs and is connected to the magic eye. the pic quality is excellent i may add for terrestrial tv much better than the roof ariel. will i be able to plug this into freeview box and get a good reception or is there some sky encrytion malarky that wont let me do it and hence a new ariel ?

cheers

2. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    no one ?

3. sdc395

sdc395
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know about anyone else, but I'm having trouble making sense of your post. I'm not sure how you've managed to combine Freeview (do you mean digital terrestrial TV or freeview-to-view satellite?), analogue TV, a Magic Eye and Sky encryption in one question. :confused:

Perhaps you could clarify what it is you want to know.

4. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    i currently do not own a freeview box

i will be using one upstairs in the bedroom. at the moment the ariel i use in the bedroom is coming out of the skybox downstairs. attached to this in the bedroom is the sky magic eye so i can control the sky from the bedroom. i want a freeview box and was querying on wether i could use this ariel from the skybox without the eye attached to it. i ask as it gives terrestrial channels to my tv as well as the sky channel. hope that makes sense :thumbsup:

5. sdc395

sdc395
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That sounds a lot like the question asked in this thread. Check it out. :)

6. bspks

bspks
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Apologies for the delay but I've only just read this thread.
    The short answer is yes PROVIDED that the aerial connected to the input of the Sky box is good enough to receive Freeview then the splitter built into the Sky box will provide a suitable signal to the bedroom set for the Freeview box.
    One note of caution IF the aerial is of the right band for DTT (some areas require a wideband aerial) and IF it has sufficient gain for the weaker digital signal make sure that the output of the sky box is set to a channel that doesn't clash with one of the new signals you need.
    For example in the Sandy Heath transmitter area where I live MUX B (some BBC channels) transmits on ch. 67 & the original setting of My sky box was 68 which caused a clash (I changed it to ch.52 (go into installers menu on sky box - select system setup then press 0 then 1 then select to change it))
    I do actually use this setup to provide Freeview to the bedroom plus whichever SKY channel is selected downstairs.