Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Simple DVD recording software package

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Londonman, Apr 17, 2005.

1. Londonman

Londonman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have some mpeg2 files (created by PVR from MainConcept). I burned a disk with PVR and it can be read in the same PC, but not in my DVD player or my Mac or in a different PC.

So I am looking for a simple program that I can use to try as an alternative method of creating a DVD of these files.

Also am I correct in saying that mpeg2 is the right format that I should be using?

many thanks

2. musukebba

musukebba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    MPEG2 is the right video encoding type for easy DVD authoring. Try Ulead's DVD Movie Factory 4 (trial version free for one month: here). You can just import the MPEG2s you already have, make a simple menu, and re-burn to DVD. There's no AC-3 support in the trial version, but you probably have the audio as MPEG1 Layer II if you recorded from a PVR, so it shouldn't matter.