Simple, customisable UI/EPG with recording to USB

CortexRock

Standard Member
I'm looking for help and advice to help my aging parents cope with using their TV. They want it to be "like it was in the old days", please folks. That means as few remote contols, and as few buttons presses as possible to prevent motor control and memory loss issues becoming a problem.

Ideally, I'd like to have a customisable home screen with their favourite channels, access to a simple, easy-to-use EPG with a high-contrast UI and a list of recorded programmes (stored on integral HDD or USB storage).

I have both Freesat and Freeview feeds available, plus streaming services, but the multiple UX and need to have account credentials available from time-to-time can be a frustration.

Is anyone aware of a solution for this sort of problem, or has already solved it for themselves or their family? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

JonMace

You can probably do what you want with Enigma2, it is very customizable, which also means its a bit complex to set up, but once done its pretty much plug and play

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom