1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

simple control system needed please help

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by jon114, Jun 10, 2005.

1. jon114

jon114

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i work within the av industry and am starting work for myself doing basic projector installs for pubs etc. i am looking for a basic control system to control a projector as well as audio. i need it to be very user friendly and low cost,i have looked at crestron and amx and they are over complicated for what i need

can anyone recommend anything,

thanks

2. vex

vex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +261
    You could have a look at a pronto / intelligent remote type device that will allow you to set up marcos to trigger all your devices in a specific order from a single button press.

If you want a AV and IR routing systems you could also look at the AV over Cat5e systems such as the nexus from AV Nex (www.avnex.co.uk)

Chris

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    better off looking at commercial systems then, domestic control and commercial differ a lot commecial kit has more interface choice but for controlling a screen, trigger it off the PJ and have an AMP with buttoins and knobbs behind the bar, thats how 99% of pubs i go to work.......

4. jon114

jon114

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i presume when you say "pj" you mean the projector remote control??