Simple Control and HDanywhere matrix with rack mounted sources?

JimmyCauty

Novice Member
Reaction score
A question for the Simple Control experts if I may...

I am looking to control some rack mounted gear using Simple Control iOS based apps/hardware. Just can't seem to understand the website description of the practical uses of various IR items.

So, if the rack is fitted with:

HD Anywhere 4K 8x8 mHub
3 x Sky HD receivers
1 x Panasonic BluRay player
1 x Apple TV
1 x GoogleTV/Kodi box
1 x Swann CCTV system (control not important within the SC envirnoment)
1 x PS4
2-3 Sonos Amps
  • Should the 8x8 matrix be controlled by the serial cable to the ethernet simple blaster?
  • Should the 3 x Sky boxes be controlled by the triple emitter? Can this be connected to the same simple blaster as the matrix?
  • Will the other devices in the rack be automatically seen by the SC app and therefore be set-up within the app itself?
  • Is there any advantage in having the Simple Hub?
  • Finally, can my TVs (predominantly Panasonic) be switched off & on using the SC app?
Many thanks!
Jimmy.

• Should the 8x8 matrix be controlled by the serial cable to the ethernet simple blaster?
Better connected via IP to the network, fairly sure there is a "driver"
  • Should the 3 x Sky boxes be controlled by the triple emitter? Can this be connected to the same simple blaster as the matrix?
yes triple emitter to an Itach Flex (simple emitter)
  • Will the other devices in the rack be automatically seen by the SC app and therefore be set-up within the app itself?
Some will some wont, check the IP compatibility list

1 x Panasonic BluRay player

Depends on model

1 x Apple TV

Yes

1 x GoogleTV/Kodi box

Possibly

1 x Swann CCTV system (control not important within the SC envirnoment)

NO

1 x PS4

No

2-3 Sonos Amps

Yes
  • Is there any advantage in having the Simple Hub?
NO
  • Finally, can my TVs (predominantly Panasonic) be switched off & on using the SC app?
Again depends on the model and if connected to your network , but unfortunately most TVS wont switch on with IP commands, so you would need to add a Simple blaster for each TV

More than happy to help, just drop us a line, though next time buy our HDBaseT matrix :)

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Seb

Many thanks for the quick reply!

Really useful information there. I guess you wouldn't recommend anything else for my set-up? But if so - do you sell it?

I'm not interested in going down the Control 4/similar route, as I think it may be overkill for what i'm trying to achieve - switching sources easily, limited 'activities' & most importantly - wife friendly (as I work away from home quite a bit).

Thanks again.
Jimmy.

Jimmy

Drop me an email and we can help you out , no cost except if any hardware or special customisation

Have you got all the kit already

Seb

That's a very kind offer - thank you.

I do have all the kit installed in a rack, and all seems to be working well so far. Just hoping to bring some straightforward control options for source selection and scenes/activities. I'd be interested to hear your suggestions before I purchase or subscribe to any control solutions?..

Thanks again
Jimmy.

Simple Control will work fine with the kit

Drop me an email and I will go through it with you

Seb

That's a very kind offer - thank you.

I do have all the kit installed in a rack, and all seems to be working well so far. Just hoping to bring some straightforward control options for source selection and scenes/activities. I'd be interested to hear your suggestions before I purchase or subscribe to any control solutions?..

Thanks again
Jimmy.

Hey @JimmyCauty

Apologies I missed this thread. Just to let you know that our HDanywhere Control App is now available for mHub systems and this will let you switch between which source devices you're watching in each room, using your phone or tablet. It's available for both iOS and Android, and is free to download.

It will let you switch but does not control / act as a remote control for your source devices (only NowTV). So basically, you would use this app in tandem with your remote controls for various devices.

Hope this helps,

Dee

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom