Simple Connection?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Colbysky, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Colbysky

Colbysky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Or is it? I just need to connect Sky+ box to Sony HDR 870 so that I can transfer programmes recorded on Sky+ to DVD.

I've hooked up the two boxes to my Panasonic TX3 (CRT) TV but if I switch the Sony on it seems to "hijack" the AV1 channel that Sky+ is assigned to and I cannot seem to get the Sony to then find the Sky+ box.

Any help to set the 3 up much appreciated.

2. MuksC

MuksC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +133
    i've done the same thing today (except i don't have Sky+, just normal Sky, so wanted to set my Panasonic recorder to record from Sky).

need 3 scart cables.

scart goes from TV-out socket on Sky box to 1st scart on tv.

scart goes from TV-out socket on recorder to 2nd scart on tv.

another scart cable links the 2nd scart on the Sky box to 2nd scart on recorder.

tv is normally on AV1 so you can watch Sky (probably automatically changes to this when you turn your tv on everyday).

so set TV to AV2 so you can see what's happening with the dvd recorder (press a menu button or something so you know you're watching the output from the recorder).

then find the Input or Source button on your dvd recorder remote control and set it to AV2 (so it will display the input from the Sky box). press info or something on the Sky remote so you know it's the right input.

if you can now see your Sky box's output through AV2 on your tv, then you just have to press record on the recorder and play the shows in your Sky+ playlist, it should work.