1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simple Burner with nw-hd5 ?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Mike_manchester, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Mike_manchester

Mike_manchester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Appols in advance if this is a "stooopid noob" type of question or has been asked before, but is it possible to use Simple Burner to rip Atrac from CD direct to NW-HD5 ( i have already installed a copy of Simple Burner that i used with my MZ-N1 network Minidisc player )

It doesnt seem to recocnize the hD5 thus far, but i wondered whether there is something i can do or is it impossible ?

2. HD3

HD3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would have said NO. But I find it interesting that its worked with the minidisc player. Which i always thought would only work with Sonic Stage due to Sonys copy protection game. You might be onto something.

Might give it a try with my HD3

3. Mike_manchester

Mike_manchester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Simpleburner is fully intended for use with Net Minidisc players, infact its official title is "NET MD Simple Burner".

When i try it with the HD5, it just doesnt see the device, so i was wondering whether its just a case of installing a device driver or whether it just wont work at all with anything other than a Net MD player.

4. HD3

HD3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had quick search. No luck. If we could I imagine we'd still have the whole issue of uploading onto other machines/after a HDD format. Still it would be nice as it probably doesn't drain every cell of engery out of my PC like sonic stage.

I think we'll just have to carry on dreaming about a day when Sonic Stage doesn't have to be used.

5. Mike_manchester

Mike_manchester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I used Simple Burner extensively with my Net minidisc and it is very quick and simple.

I now use Vaio transfer for getting stuff quickly onto the hd-5 and use SonicStage about once a week and only so i can create playlists and transfer them. My main gripe with Sonicstage is the time it takes to read and build its library - it literally takes ten times as long as musicmatch jukebox, which is the software i use for my music.

Once Sonicstage has the library built, the actual transfer to the hd-5 is relatively quick.