Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Simmetry DVP is already here!!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Arshad, Oct 23, 2004.

1. Arshad

Arshad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone,

I have been looking for a scaler for quite some time now and narrowed down the choices to the following:

1. Lumagen HDP
    2. Iscan HD or HD+
    3. Crystalio

As you all know the Lumagens are still in beta but was told by the dealer they will be out of beta end of Oct. I hope they are. I have read quite a few threads about the above scalers and the Crystalio seems to be the best performer for all sources but then again there is a price difference ofcourse. I know the Iscan and Lumagen should be same as the Crystalio on DVD sources but then again the dvds are already quite good to begin with so i want improvemnet on all sources DVDs, Broadband TV and Svideo sources which i think Crystalio is quite good at.

By the way, I have just been offered pricing from a dealer here for the Simmerty DVP by Immersive. I have read some where here that the initial price was US$9k but it is alot cheaper than that? Is it alreay available? Anyone knows how it will perform comparing to the above scalers. It is also using Faroudja deinterlacing and it has alot of other things in it. Will it be as flexible as the Iscan HD or Lumagen HDP functions wise?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,039
    Can you email me with who in UK gave you pricing for the Simmetry? I'm supposed to be the UK distributor and I have not been given pricing by Immersive yet!

It's my understanding that there are a handfull of units going out to early adoptors for final testing before production of said device. That is the information given to me at CEDIA in mid September.

For further info please email me.

Gordon

3. Arshad

Arshad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Gordon,

I'm not talking about UK. I'm here in Hong Kong. By the way, have you seen one in action? How does it perform comparing to other scalers i've mentioned since you are the dealer here you might have some information? Is it as flexible as the other scalers? I heard it is using the FLI2200 chip which is quite old now. The price looks quite tempting though i've sent an email to the dealer let's see if he can give me even better deal.

Cheers

4. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,039
    Ah,

Then it may well be that the Hong Kong distributor has more up to date info and pricing than me. I would email Tom at Immersive to find out if they have a distributor in HK and whether this is a genuine offer. You could also ask at the Immersive Forum if you haven't already.

Gordon

5. Arshad

Arshad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Gordon i'll do that.

Also if you have more information on this let me know. By the way, this guy i know is also a distributor for Lumagen.