Similar speakers to Tannoy XT6F?

prvjoker

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I could have and should have bought these pre-lockdown and now the prices are sky high. What would be an equivalent level floorstander in the sub £800 range? Looking for detail, already have subs. This will be for music and home cinema.

TIA!

Did you notice these? Bought 2019 used as rear surrounds barely broken in, 795£.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Did you notice these? Bought 2019 used as rear surrounds barely broken in, 795£.

wow. thanks!

Just out of interest do you think they still hold their value, I mean are there other speakers that have emerged that are just as good?

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
wow. thanks!

Just out of interest do you think they still hold their value, I mean are there other speakers that have emerged that are just as good?

I have no idea. What i have gathered earlier is they sound quite bright compared to few others. Maybe @ShanePJ has heard them and can tell something. They were sold at AVO for long time.

Tannoy's Revolution range are one of those speakers you either loath or love. Myself, I've always enjoy the dual concentric sound and my very first experience was when I purchased a centre with my very first surround sound system back in the early 90's (I call it the dual concentric sound) which had a six sided centre (cannot remember the name now - even though I still own it, in fact I still own all my centre speakers like a total muppet :rolleyes:)

I moved to Kef Q6c after many years and never really got on with it as it just didn't have the same sparkle in the sound I was used to listening to (quite flat in comparison). Subsequently I moved to the Revolution DC4c (side requirements) and those sounds I used to enjoy from my original centre came back with a little extra, so I kept it and still use it to this day

So, I could be a little bias toward the Tannoy sound. But in reality, if the electronics work well with them, then you will struggle to find a more open sound in my opinion than you will with Tannoy's Dual Concentric speakers. Get it wrong and they can sound horribly harsh and will make your ears bleed in the wrong room. So, you do need to think hard about furnishings and the components you are pairing them with. Traditional brands which produce a warm sound are just right whereas something that produces a slightly brightish sound will bring an unforgiving experience which when sitting down for a session could make for uncomfortable times with the sharpness wining over musicality

So, if you have the right electronics together with the reasonable room (i.e. some soft furnishing in it), then the Revolutions XT6F will be very hard to better for anyone who enjoys music (speaker prices of around £1500) in my opinion. Get it wrong though and you will come to regret it

Hope that helps and cheers for the nudge @Gasp3621 :thumbsup:

Tannoy's Revolution range are one of those speakers you either loath or love. Myself, I've always enjoy the dual concentric sound and my very first experience was when I purchased a centre with my very first surround sound system back in the early 90's (I call it the dual concentric sound) which had a six sided centre (cannot remember the name now - even though I still own it, in fact I still own all my centre speakers like a total muppet :rolleyes:)

I moved to Kef Q6c after many years and never really got on with it as it just didn't have the same sparkle in the sound I was used to listening to (quite flat in comparison). Subsequently I moved to the Revolution DC4c (side requirements) and those sounds I used to enjoy from my original centre came back with a little extra, so I kept it and still use it to this day

So, I could be a little bias toward the Tannoy sound. But in reality, if the electronics work well with them, then you will struggle to find a more open sound in my opinion than you will with Tannoy's Dual Concentric speakers. Get it wrong and they can sound horribly harsh and will make your ears bleed in the wrong room. So, you do need to think hard about furnishings and the components you are pairing them with. Traditional brands which produce a warm sound are just right whereas something that produces a slightly brightish sound will bring an unforgiving experience which when sitting down for a session could make for uncomfortable times with the sharpness wining over musicality

So, if you have the right electronics together with the reasonable room (i.e. some soft furnishing in it), then the Revolutions XT6F will be very hard to better for anyone who enjoys music (speaker prices of around £1500) in my opinion. Get it wrong though and you will come to regret it

Hope that helps and cheers for the nudge @Gasp3621 :thumbsup:

OK thanks for the insight. Will try to pry these away from that ebayer. Cheers.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom