1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sim2

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Melvin, Jan 3, 2003.

1. Melvin

Melvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Has anybody out there had a viewing of the new SIM2 back projection tv. It is HDTV ready and features progressive scan circuitry. I will be interested to know what its picture quality is like. Can it compete with a plasma screen at a similar price point?

Cheers.....

2. Melvin

Melvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Anyone seen one yet............

3. figrin_dan

figrin_dan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Mel,
    First time i've looked at this site and I had to register just to reply to you. I hope you appreciate.

I saw the RTX at Stuff Live this year and can say that it puts ALL plasma screens to shame. It has the clearest picture I have seen anywhere. I went to the show to check out any prog. scan picture as I have been having trouble just seeing it in the shops. The only sets I got to see were a Pioneer Plasma thru the ARCAM PS dvd (it looked . . . just ok) and Toshiba Strata which were not connected to dvd players (?). OWL Video where showing off the RTX connected to the ARCAM WITHOUT PS activated (so they told me). The de-interlacer in the set is just as good in the ARCAMs PS out. If you have the 9k to spend - don't think again. Seriously.

4. Melvin

Melvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Figrin,
    Thanks for the reply. I was just considering some alternatives to plasma displays. I think that apart from the Panasonic screens (IMHO) the rest of the competition are lagging some way behind.

Cheers dude...