1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SIM2 v "the rest"

Discussion in 'TVs' started by braehead, Aug 27, 2004.

1. braehead

braehead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Went into my local Sevenoaks last night looking to buy a plasma and saw the SIM2 on display. I thought it was fantastic and caused the "do I really want a plasma" debate to fly through my head again (and the "do I really want a £4500 TV" one!!). I've read a few reviews here of the Sagem Axium and the Sony Grand Wega and I like the sound of the new Samsungs but I'm not really any further forward with what to do or what/where to demo. The only real benefit I can see for a plasma is if I wall mount it and want it higher than a normal stand. These new RP's are getting so thin that it's going to be quite close to the wall anyway and given that I've got the rest of my kit to locate then there is going to be a bit of furniture on the floor anyway. So the plasma has lost so far.......

.....where can I find some head to head reviews for these tv's? :lease:

2. Pavel

Pavel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    The only side by side review I've seen is in the August edition of Home Cinema magazine. This has a four way test of Fuji and Pioneer plasmas and Loewe and Sim2 Domino DLP rear projection sets.

Sim2 came out just ahead, shading it over the Loewe.

3. braehead

braehead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that. I'll try to get a copy of the review. Both quite high price bit's of kit I see. Anyone got any views on the rest of the pack?

4. pipcat

pipcat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone have a link to this review? Would be very interested to read it, but living in Germany we don't get this magazine in our shops!