1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sim2 SVD 500 vs. Barco 708

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by yejaffe, Mar 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yejaffe

yejaffe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know if I should get a used Barco 708 for £4500 (Excellent condition) , or to get a used (never used)Sim2 SVD 500 for £3500. Unfortunately these prices are relevant to my country.
    Can someone please advice?

2. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    Both machines are capable of stunning results. On paper the Barco has the better specification, but the Seleco is designed for home theatre so would blend into a living room more easily.

Both use 7" tubes. The Barco can scan higher than the Seleco, but anything above line doubling might actually soften the picture rather than enhance it. The Seleco has a line doubler as standard, though an iScan or Quadscan would make a big improvement. With the Barco it is optional.

But the main question you should ask is "Which brand has the best support in my country?"

Regards

3. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I'd go for the newer unit. and fork out the rest on an Iscan. The internal doublers on both projectors are getting a bit tierd now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.