Sim2 screens

ChrisEdu

Standard Member
Has anyone here had any experience of Sim2 tab-tensioned screens?/ I have been considering buying one, although recently the idea of a non-tab screen by Vutec has been thrown into the pot! The Vutec would actually be more expensive than the Sim2, despite not being tab-tensioned. Any opinions? Another option that had passed through my mind was to consider a Draper Premier Tab-tension screen, but with manual winding, rather than electrics. All three of these screens are roughly similar in price, with the Sim2 being cheapest and probably the Vutec the most expensive. Are the Vutecs really non-wrinkle / crease despite not being tensioned?

Thanks folks! :lease:

ChrisEdu

Standard Member
Well, I've got it! Went to the store today and picked up a 7' tab-tensioned Sim2 screen. Now all I've got to do is get the beast up on the wall!

ChrisEdu

Standard Member
Well, I got the screen up and running, and much to my dismay, there are horizontal ripples running across the screen! Surely this can't be right?! Have others had this issue? I know there was a problem with the Owl screens in another thread; this seems to be very similar.

ReTrO

Hi Chris

I can send you out a fabric sample of the Vutec VuFlex Pro if you would like.

It has internal tensioning which keeps the fabric as flat as a tab-tensioned screen, but keeps the manufacturinng costs lower for a comparable quality screen.

If you PM me your address I'll get some bits in the post for you.

Regards

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom