Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Sim2 - Rtx55-h Grand Cinema Dlp Projection Tv

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by MJeeves, Aug 2, 2004.

1. MJeeves

MJeeves

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +224
    Hello,

Doe any one have any opinions on the SIM2 - RTX55-H GRAND CINEMA DLP PROJECTION TV? Is there any reviews out there? Does anyone actually own one? Would this be a better buy than a plasma (i.e. Pioneer 50"?). How would they compare in terms of picture, reliability and flexibility?

Any info would be appreciated!

2. simoncope

simoncope

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't own one personally, but the company I work for has one on demonstration in their Beaconsfield showroom. Personally I would have one over a plasma screen any day - vastly superior picture. Of course, you get the usual RP issue of off-axis viewing (or lack of it), but it's not that bad.

Obviously RP monitors are not as flexible as plasma screens in terms of mounting - you'd struggle to stick an RTX55 on the wall for example. And it is a bit unfortunate that there is nowhere convenient to place a centre speaker - it would have to go above the monitor on the wall.

Reliablilty - not sure to be honest. One thing you won't get with the Sim2 is screen burn, as it a DLP device.