1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sim2 owners/experts please help!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Timmy C, Nov 20, 2003.

1. Timmy C

Timmy C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +223
    When testing my Sim2 HT200 projector using the THX set up option on the Star Wars dvd I found that the picture has been squashed vertically. (This is with the dvd player and projector in 16:9 mode and using the test for 16:9 screens). The only way I have found to correct it is by going to the frequency and phase options on the projector menu and lowering the frequency which appears to squeeze the picture horizontally from the right. I then have to center the picture using the 'position' option and zoom slightly to fill the screen. Is this what the frequency and phase controls are for or is there a beter way to fix the problem? I hope some of you can help!

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You shouldn't have to alter the phase/clock settings using a DVD player - they should "auto" adjust.

What output does your DVD player have? Component, s-video etc.?

3. Timmy C

Timmy C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +223
    I'm using the component out from a Denon 2900. Whenever the projector "auto" adjusts I end up with a squashed picture again and have to mess with the frequency contol to correct it. I take it you suspect I have a problem?

4. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Which aspect ratio are you using ?
    Normal,Anamorphic, Letterbox or one of the three user adjustable aspect ratios ?
    Are you using interlaced or progressive from the Denon?
    Which input are you using 4 or 6 ?

5. Timmy C

Timmy C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +223
    The projectors on the anamorphic setting using the progressive output from the Denon and using input 6 (YCrCb 32 kHZ). As far as I can tell this is the way it should be.

6. AD Roser

AD Roser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I will test a HT200 on our Denon 2900 and report back to you on the results. At this point I can not offer you any explanation, please can you tell me what version software your 200 has installed. Press the info button to find out.

I am away from the office for a couple of days but I should be able to take a look next Wednesday.

Regards

Alan Roser
    Managing Director
    SIM2 UK Ltd

7. Timmy C

Timmy C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +223
    The software version is 1.20 s p(001). This means nothing to me but that's what comes up when you press the info button. Thanks in advance for your help.