For Sale Sim2 Mico60C Uk model 500Hrs £5999!

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by Dr Ed, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Dr Ed

Dr Ed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    20 Month old Sim2 Mico60C, but only 500 hours use on the service menu.

Has been totally mothered and comes boxed as new. Has always had the lens cap on (apart from when in use :)) and has been run through an Isotek Mira II at all times. Have calibrated it to a Pionner Lx55, but she would love to make friends with an Oppo 103 or similar.

T1 lens installed and included.

based in Bedfordshire.

Presently boxed up and safe, but could demo for a serrious buyer, but really I don't want time wasters or dreamers.

Comes with all acessories including the wifi kit and LCC dongle etc. Has the very latest firmware installed. With the possible exception of my mate's VW1000, I haven't really seen anything that comes close in terms of pciture quality, but mayeb the new JVCs could give it a run for thei money now E-shift apparantly works fine.

Price and currency: 5999
    Delivery: Delivery cost is not included
    Payment method: cash on delivery (delivered and installed in person for £200), or can be collected

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via private conversation to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

• Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct, too
    • Name and address including postcode
    • Valid e-mail address
    DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

2. Dr Ed

Dr Ed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Hi,
    I am good to deliver any time next week from Tuesday onwards.

3. Dr Ed

Dr Ed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Hello, I can deliver next week to any interestedparties (with the money). This is really a very good price for thsi projector and the warranty can be extended, but really there's nothign that can go wrong with them, they are built to a very high spec and don't use a discharge lamp but an LED light source....

4. Dr Ed

Dr Ed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Well this is going well.... too much projector for av forum members perhaps? Once I get my install going and the projector is in, it will stay in and never be available here again. probably a month till the room conversion is complete

5. Dr Ed

Dr Ed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    bump

6. Oakleyspatz

Oakleyspatz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +237
    Is this the same Mico60c that only recently would have cost a few pound shy of £18,000 new?
    If so then this really is a true bargain! If I had £5999 spare I'd bite your hand off for it but alas I do not.
    Have a free bump Dr Ed as this should have sold within hours of you listing it!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  7. Dr Ed

Dr Ed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Thank you Oakley. I have had no luck here or even on a popular auction site despite the fact that I am offering to install it in person at more than 2 grand less than the the cheapest one has ever sold on (that popular auction site). Crazy..... maybe people are saving up for OLED TVs or something ?!

8. Dr Ed

Dr Ed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Morning all,
    I am open to listening to offers that start with a "five"!

9. AlanS86

AlanS86

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I can offer the following, it even has a five in there!

1100 weekly payments of five pounds at 0% interest. That should cover it after 21 years or so? Should I miss three payments you'd be entitled to enforce the full amount.

Can't be more fair than that :D

10. Dr Ed

Dr Ed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Well at least 2 people think you are funny ? If you meant to say 5 repayments of £1100 on a weekly basis, then we have a deal.

11. Dans1210

Dans1210

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +721
    I'll take two!

12. Dr Ed

Dr Ed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Can I please onlyl have serrious offers. And yes for the record at £6K you could buy three of these for the same price as ONE new one. So yes a good deal since this one is practically new, but to be honest I am loosing my patience.

13. Dans1210

Dans1210

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +721
    Sorry dude i was only joking. Its a big spend for sure but good value for the right buyer. Good luck.

14. bluerum66

bluerum66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    hi ed,
    You say this comes with a table at 1.5 metres high. The height of the image i would need would begin at 70cm high which i find is a comfortable height for my eyes. Theres nothing worse than looking up at a film, like my local cinema it is uncomfortable. One should look slightly down when watching films or even tv.My question is would i have to tilt the projector downwards on your table onto my screen and would this cause any distortion. I dont think it as lens shift to point the image down. Does it not have plenty of shift to point up instead, Problem with that is that i would be forced to turn the projector upside down on your table and then i would not be able to appreciate and show it off to friends.It be like a tortoise im thinking

15. Dr Ed

Dr Ed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Well my screen from my stand started at 50cm from the floor, so lower than yours, so yes you would easilly be fine. The reason for the stand height is that it easilly clears any seated figures even if they are a bit further foward from the projector into the room - such as if you have a long and thin room. Its one mighty solid stand and you can have it for free (its made of solid pine).

So no you will NOT have to use keystone correction (which as I am sure you know you should not anyway). The lens shift is quite genour and like the focus is all run fom the remote as the lens is preciserly mortorised to +/- 0.2 of a pixel.

Where are you based, I can always deliver and install for you as I have promised to do.
    I have a laser spirit level to ensure that the projector is totally flat. It has genous lens shift both up and down and even to the sides. Its uses a custom made fujinon lens designed for the Sim2 Mico 50/60 which is individually matched to each unit. It is the t1 throw option.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
  16. bluerum66

bluerum66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    5k and 1 penny maybe. I would have to have a thorough test with no obligation to buy.

17. Dr Ed

Dr Ed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I amthinking about it. Where are you based ?

18. bluerum66

bluerum66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    cardiff

19. Dr Ed

Dr Ed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Cool, I was born in Cardiff and my Folks live in the Vale of Glamorgan.
    thanks for the offer £5K isn't enough sorry.

20. Dr Ed

Dr Ed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Gary, Are you in a position to pick up the item(s) ? I am in Bedfordshire. I am only askin as I know you want/need my projector stand and my vehicle isn't big enough for the boxed projector AND stand, so can't deliver both.
    £5699 for both items collected, or I can deliver the projector only for £5600, but as I am moving house at the moment and am a little busy it woudl be towards the end of this month or the start of the next.

I am considering a part exchange witha chap in Holland, but would prepfer not to have to cross water (other than the Severn!)

21. bluerum66

bluerum66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Hi Ed,
    £5600 is too much cash for me, you would need to drop it down a lot more. cheers

22. Dr Ed

Dr Ed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Hello!
    I am moving house this weekend, so just to let peeps know that you might not get the snapiest of replies. If you are prepared to collect, the projector only price would be £5450, its the best I can do. I can still demo it. The item from next week will be 1 hour closer to you in Aylesbury, not far off the M4

23. bluerum66

bluerum66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    ED Have you considered chopping another£450 off it then we can get the balls rolling and this deal will be sealed.

24. Dr Ed

Dr Ed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Hello, Gary, with all due respect, I could just as easily ask you why £450 is a sticking point when you already have £5K available. I spent three times that much on this projector not long ago. Initially I told myself I would never dip below £7K for such a projector given previous selling points for this model and the fact it has had such little use and is a good example.

What I can do, is for £5450 I will personally drive all that distance and install said item and calibrate as originally promised at your place. I can do this as soon as the week end after the one upcoming. You wanna Watch Wales win the Rugby six nations in 7 foot clarity then and take the championship for the third time on the trot (as you know I am a Welsh Rugby fan)!!

Sorry, but I can't fit the bespoke stand in my vehicle at the same time, but it does come with the wireless kit etc. You can't underestimate the value of a great install.

25. bluerum66

bluerum66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    i will think about it ed

26. bluerum66

bluerum66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    oh watching the welsh beat the english will be a great idea on this beamer.!

27. Dr Ed

Dr Ed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    No problem mate, I actually finish work at 1:30 next friday, so could even do a Friday afternoon/evening install if you prefer (think I might).
    What I would say is please don't come back with a lower offer still, as you can tell, it pains me as it is.

If anyone else is interested, now would be a time to register interest as garry is in teh driving seat right now!

28. Dr Ed

Dr Ed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    oooops, the Rugby didn't work out..... maybe the sale will ?

29. Barry.NI

Barry.NI

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I've been following the above thread with interest, however there are a few queries, that I have, which I would like you to answer.

I currently have a screen, 16.9 aspect dimensions w1.82m x h1.03m diag 2.10m. 750mm from the floor
    and 450mm from the ceiling. Entering these parameters into the calculator on the Sim 2 website, put the PJ distances from the screen at min2.76 mid3.29 max3.8, which is right where the chairs are, so it would have to be mounted inverted to the ceiling. I currently have a Barco CRT installed in approximately that position.

Installing the Sim 2 would not be a problem, as it is lighter than the current PJ., what slightly concerns me is the calibration, I would not expect you to travel up here and it might be some time before it would be in place. Would someone who calibrates plasma TVs, such as bumptious, who will be calibrating my plasma
    be able to do it, or can it be done from the manual? I have an Oppo 105 and a Lumagen scaler wit Darbee.

Unfortunately I have recently had some storm damage to the roof, and am awaiting the insurance claim, so ready cash is at a premium, would you accept PayPal?

If paid by that method would you be prepared to travel half way up the M1 to exchange at a suitable motorway service station, I would not need the pine stand, or would you trust the PJ to the delicate attention of Parcel Force?

I am assuming that £5450 is still your bottom line. Please do not accept this as a firm offert to buy, neither is it a frivolous enquiry, but merely an opening gambit, I am well aware what a good PJ the Sim 2 Micro 60 was, though now out of production, and that there are more up to date PJs from Sony and JVC at a price not much more than a £1K above your asking price, including 4K and 3D, though these latter functions
    do not really interest me

Let me know if my calculation sound reasonable, if the enquiry does not lead to a sale, at least you get a free bump, and the chance that as there is another interested party it might spur on one of the ditherers. No I am not a Rugby fan, though. I recently sold an amp to a Bobby O'Driscoll in Ireland, but I do not think he was the rugby player. Barry

30. Barry.NI

Barry.NI

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I have just re checked the specs for your projector, and discovered it weighs 25kgs., this is beyond what I could cope with mounting it on the ceiling, not only would I need to remove the existing PJ, move the bracket etc, so I would need lifting gear, so will have to withdraw my interest