SIM2 Launches Crystal 35 Projector

hodg100

Distinguished Member
SIM2, the Italian manufacturer have announced the launch of the latest addition to their range of projectors in the CRYSTAL 35 projector that they say to be both stylish and affordable. Built with typical Italian style, the CRYSTAL 35 has a glass cabinet that comes in either black or white.

SIM2 say the key feature of this projector is its flexibility to fit into a wide range of installation environments. Its 280W lamp has a claimed 2,000 Lumens and 30,000:1 contrast ratio so may be suited for rooms where absolute light control is not possible. SIM recommend the Black Diamond II screen - from Screen Innovations - as a partner.

The quoted throw ratio is a generous 1.62 - 2.43:1, which should cover the majority of installations, and its vertical lens shift enables you to avoid digital keystone - hooray!. It includes all the usual features you would expect from a modern projector including 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution, compatibility with all video standards including and RS232 control.

The Crystal 35 is available now for the rather affordable price tag of £4,499 inc. VAT and we are hoping to have one in for review very soon.

Attachments

• Crystal_W_34front_nobgrd.jpg
    Crystal_W_34front_nobgrd.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 257

Avi

Distinguished Member
Any indication if this is a native ground up Sim2 design and manufactured product or if it's largely based on another manufacturers product in a Sim2 case i.e. D60 ?

hodg100

Distinguished Member
Any indication if this is a native ground up Sim2 design and manufactured product or if it's largely based on another manufacturers product in a Sim2 case i.e. D60 ?

Not at this stage Avi but I've just emailed that question over for you:)

hodg100

Distinguished Member
@Avi/Anyone interested, SIM2 just got back to us with the following response:

The Crystal 35 is assembled and tested in Italy, however, the light engine itself is from one of our OEM partners

..which probably answers your question:)

KingRez

Standard Member
hi all,

first ever post so be gentle.

wondering when the crystal 35 is likely to be reviewed?

have demoed the projector and liked the picture quality but as its the only projector ive really seen in operation, i have no real reference point. i am not keen to spend what to me is a large amount of money on what may turn out to be a benq or whatever else in fancy packaging.i'd be better off buying the projector that was being copied at what is likely to be a significantly lower price.

My shortlist is currently the aforementioned sim2, the jvc x3, the upcoming sony hw30es and at a push the jvc x7.

would really appreciate some insight from anyone who has experience with the projectors above. the 3d element would be a nice added extra but not essential and would be used mostly for watching sports and the odd bit of gaming.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom