1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sim2 launch optical dlp projector

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by vulkan75, Oct 18, 2003.

1. vulkan75

vulkan75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well,its somtimes amazes me how quick technology moves forward in display devices,in this case the new optically connected ht300 link.
    (as a side point the supplied optical cable can run for up to 1600ft with out lost of signal quality..wow!)

The link has:-

* the latest hd2 chip from texus
    * new six segment colour wheel(which makes the unit 50% quiter than the previous model)
    *All the usual video connections and may even boast firewire.
    *a seperate opitic image processing unit to deal with all incoming video signals.

and so-on....

This raises alot of questions regarding the future of source hardware,will we see optically enabled dvd players carrying video signals soon?????????:confused:

This baby is not cheap £12000

:D

Is this the way forward(tech wise)?:smoke:info here

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,779
    "This raises alot of questions regarding the future of source hardware,will we see optically enabled dvd players carrying video signals soon?????????:confused: "

No, I doubt it. Sim's connection is proprietry.

If you're coming to The Event, John Dawson (CEO Arcam) will be giving a presentation on digital video and audio transmisison interfaces.

Gordon

3. vulkan75

vulkan75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Gordon.

I wont be at the Event,but hope to make the bristol show in feb,will there be anyone there explaining the same stuff?

I just kind of figured that this projectors cost is no doubt rocketed by the image processer that comes with it.
    So for e.g if Sony worked at incorperating this image processing technolgy in their dvd players,they could then produce a projector opticaly equipped and be more competative in the market place,which at the same time would offer us consumers top notch kit at a cheaper price..

Bummer:(

4. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,779
    There are already methods of optical transmission for digital signals. DVI optical drivers and repeaters are available. There is more to image quality than how the signal gets to the display. The iLink does get round the issue of long data transmission length problems though.

Barco use a high data rate proprietry digital connection from their processor/switcher to their DLP head units. This goes down a little CAT7(I think) cable. It can go a long way too.

i Link is nice. You should try to see one.

I have no idea what will be at Bristol. You should contact the show organisers as I'm not involved with that I'm afraid

Cheers,

Gordon