1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sim2 HT300E with TAG DVD32R PSM192

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by coolcat, Nov 16, 2004.

1. coolcat

coolcat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    We have just had a Sim2 HT300E installed together with a TAG McLaren DVD32R with PSM192 (using with a AV32R DP). Region 1 DVD’s are fine but R2 DVD and Sky+ both show a green boarder down the left hand side of the screen and the picture is pushed over to the right.
    The DVD player is connected to the projector by Component cable (we also have a DVI cable laid but the new HT300E hasn’t got a DVI input anymore).
    Our dealer didn’t know what caused the green boarder and offset picture and said he will come back to us; I was just wondering if it would be something simple that needs amending in the set up menu of either the projector or TAG gear.

2. simon40

simon40

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Coolcat,

I can't remember the exact details, but in the PSM menu there is a setting to toggle between RGB and one other video mode - might be worth a go?

Simon

3. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    Is the SIM2 dedecting the PAL signal and loading the appropriate input file? Sounds like a NTSC vs PAL thing......
    Although I haven't played with a SIM2 for ages, I'd assume you haveto setup a PAL feed as well as an NTSC feed, maybe the picture just needs shifting?

I'm curious, what does the SIM2 have as a digital connection, HDMI? if so why not use the DVI cable with a DVI -HDMI convertor at the pj end?

4. coolcat

coolcat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Thanks for that Graham. There was an 'Auto' button on the Sim2 remote that sorted the green boarder out and now Sky is center of the screen but showing as a 4:3 image. I just need to work out how to get a 16:9 image with Sky+, R2 DVD's are now fine.
    The dealer is going to get us a DVI - HDMI adapter and I just hope it will work ok with the DVD32R PSM192.
    We are really happy with the projector and of course the TAG gear and you'll be glad to hear that we are not planning to watch Eastenders on the big screen :laugh:

5. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    I expect you have looked in the sky+ setup and selected 16:9 as the output, I'd double check it is also set to output RGB (assuming you have hooked up the sky box using its best output) as out of the box they ain't.......... Mind you if you were watching the footy last night (rubbish as usual) that was in 4:3 anyway......

6. coolcat

coolcat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Thanks for your help Simon and Graham. It was in the PSM menu as it assumes that incoming S video signals are 4:3. Was able to enjoy the ManU game on Saturday in 16:9, mind you the result helped.

Regards

Linda