Sim2 HT300

-Spike-

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I'd like to know what the most up to date software version is for the HT300 please?
That's not the + version by the way.
And what improvements did it make?

Thanks for looking and for any replies :)

To the best of my knowledge, version 2.21 is the latest available and is compatible with the HT300, HT300+ and HT300 Extra. Improvements will depend on what version you are currently running. I've only had it installed for a week, but have so far not seen a noticeable improvement in picture quality over 2.13 which was the previous version that I had installed.

Thanks for your reply chips, prompt as ever :)
Please let me know if you find any differences.

Regards

Spike,

Welcome to the SIM2 forum, chips is right the latest version is 2.21.

Changes were subtle, a tweak on the faroudja settings and a tweak on hdtv for some new decoders that were released in the USA.

Regards

Alan Roser
Managing Director
SIM2 UK Ltd

Thanks Alan :)

Originally posted by AD Roser
Changes were subtle, a tweak on the faroudja settings

I watched a movie on Sky last night via the S Video input and I did think that the internal de-interlacer seemed to be a tad better :smashin:. It's difficult to be certain though as 2.13 was excellent.

Do you use a Sky plus box with s video out or an rgb to s video converter with a standard box? I'm not going to subscribe to Sky plus but was wondering if you know which way gets the better picture.

Taking RGB from either Sky or Sky Plus boxes direct to the projector would be best but if you need to switch your video signals through an a/v amp then you need to transcode the RGB signal into a component signal.
There's quite a few transcoders on the market from companies such as Keene.

I don't have component switching on my processor and the component input on my projector is being used by my dvd player. That's why I wanted to use the s video input but wasn't sure if a Sky plus box with S-vid out or an rgb - S-vid convertor would be better.

Sorry Spike, I should have started my own thread!!

Sorry Spike, I should have started my own thread!!
No worries Timmy, fire away. :)

Hi spike,

I recently had my HT300 installed with the latest 2.21 software. While it is difficult to find improvements in picture quality per sa, they have improved the user colour menu. Instead of the usual lumpy unresponsive RGB bars, they now adjust up or down, one unit at a time very precisely which gives much better control over the picture colour balance. For me, this really helps to get the best out of the HT300 without having to resort to the service menu. Well worth the upgrade in my opinion.

Best Wishes,

Paul H

Thanks for your reply Paul, looks like an upgrade is in order then :)

Alan,
Can I email SIM2 UK for the latest version?

Best wishes,

Thanks Jeff will do :)

Hello everybody!

Great forum!

I must say I notised an even better result with the 2.21 software over the 2.13 software with the DVI input and my Bravo D1 DVD player. I have not tried any of the other inputs after installing the latest software so I can not speak for them yet. Last night I watched "Wonderland" and I could not believe have good the picture looked. Simply stunning. I love my sim2+ and the Bravo with the DVI output :)

Jone,

What differences do you see between software versions.
I'd be interested to know?

Regards

:)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom