Sim2 HT300 firmware upgrade

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by cdnt, Dec 23, 2006.

1. cdnt

cdnt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've a Sim2 HT300 projector that I've had for a long time and I've always been very happy with it, until I recently got an HTPC and discovered that the projector doesn't seem to be able to properly cope with a widescreen image from its RGB input, only a 4:3 image - 1280x720 is recognised as 960x720, 1280x768 is recognised as 1024x768.

The current firmware is 2.07. Would a firmware upgrade solve my problem? Is it something I can do or will I need to send it back to Sim2 to be sorted?

Many thanks,

Charles D N Thomson

2. cdnt

cdnt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right, I've managed to find and install 2.21.05 F (HPN) and it seems now that, although it still doesn't seem to identify 1280x720 correctly on the graphics RGB input, it looks as though it's displaying it correctly now.

Can anyone confirm that 2.21.05 F (HPN) is the most recent version of the firmware?

thanks!

Charles

3. dav-t

dav-t

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +571
    Hi your best bet is to contact RTFM on these forums he is a sim2 dealer or otherwise contact Alan Roser at sim2 uk

4. Apone

Apone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +320
    If you have a DVI or HDMI socket on the back of the unit, try to connect the the pc via that and set the pj on 'pixel to pixel'.

I have found that this gives a better picture compared to the Graphics input.

Try to have a look for some HD trailers on the net for upcoming films.

Mahmood