1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sim2 HT200DM demo in London?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Mr.D, Jan 18, 2002.

1. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,111
    Anyone know a place in central London I can get a decent demo of one of these. Just had a gander at the sharp 9000 and I see rainbows so its now down to the sim or the hitachi 5500 .

2. nigel_williams

nigel_williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    You could try Musical Images which is on Monmouth Street (off Charing Cross Road) 020 7497 1346

There's another Hi-Fi dealer in Tottenham Court Road but I can't remember the name right now! It's downstairs, opposite the cinema.

Hope that helps!

3. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    If you see rainbows on the Sharp and you can't live with them, then the HT200DM isn't going to be an option. The colour wheel on the Seleco is slower than the Sharp so you should see rainbows even more. Buy a cheap projector and save up for a new 1920x1080 LCOS/D-ILA. 1080P hmmm.

Jeff

4. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,111
    The thought had occured to me Jeff. I suspect you are right if I see rainbows on the sharp I most likely will see them on the sim2 but I'll give it a chance ( not exactly got much to lose).

The Hitachi 5500 has had good press on the AVS forum and it seems to offer a lot for the money : just hope the contrast range holds up and the blacks are OK.

At this rate I'm about ready to buy a princeton HD 32" CRT just like Joe Kane!

Thanks nigel for the info.