1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sim2 HT200 Projector???????

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by darren rayner, May 23, 2003.

1. darren rayner

darren rayner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I am new to the home cinema world and i am currently looking around for a quality Home cinema projector and i have seen www.nexnix.co.uk are offering the Sim2 HT200 projector for just £2250+VAT which seems to me to be a bit of a bargain

Whats everones thoughts on this unit??? is it a good choice at this price point???

Thanks
    Darren

2. Fjorko

Fjorko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    I'd be reluctant to buy it at that resolution, brightness and viewable screensize....

I'd then rather consider the AE300 or Z1

Cheers

3. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    If it's a DMF then that's a bargain but I rather think it will be the earlier model.

4. Technophobe

Technophobe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dreadful rainbow in the original 200 unit, I had one for an evening and returned it for a refund the next day it was that bad. Plus why buy a 4:3 PJ when you can have your choice of more modern 16:9 units?

Good lamp life and black level though.:)

Technophobe

5. docsmith2k1

docsmith2k1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Sim make classy high performance projectors, and on its release you would have spent over 6k buying this projector. It will still produce excellent black levels and superb, vivid detailed colours. However newer models will improve on brightness, contrast and resolution.
    For me it would have to be a 16x9 panel, and beware of the rainbow effect that plagued early DLP projectors, but if your unaffected by rainbows and don't mind a 4x3 panel, I think it's a fair (though not outstanding) deal.

6. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good price, but 800x600 (VGA - 4:3 ratio) resolution would be a major concern with the Sim HT200.

Haven't seen it, but would think there's better PQ/value to be had in the pick of "todays" LCD/DLP PJs.

:smoke: