1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sim2 HT200 Problem...

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by VintageMark, Jan 18, 2003.

1. VintageMark

VintageMark
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi...

I've just decided to "tune up" my HT200 and ISCO lens setup when I spotted something thats troubling me...

A default 4:3 frame is "wrong"... (this is with no ISCO lens involved BTW)

The top of the frame is level, but the bottom is angled... quite badly!

The result is that the bottom right corner of the frame is 15mm lower then the bottom left corner of the frame... I know its the projector as it happens with the test patterns as well as film material...

Anybody have any idea why the frame would be "squashed" on one side only?

Any help much appreciated!

Mark.

2. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Oh no - your projector is broken! :eek:

No it isn't, and I'm sorry if I caused you any alarm.:devil: Your projector is fine. This just reminded me of the time a dealer rang me with the very same complaint.

I was working for Owl, he'd just got a brand new 200 for demo stock and insisted I come round to see this "broken" projector.

Walking in the dem room I could see instantly what the problem was. The projector was pointing at a slight angle to the screen, and when the dealer had used the feet to adjust the leveling he'd only looked at the top of the screen. So, the bottom edge was running down hill and he thought it was broken.

The reason the projector was pointing at an angle? - The lens is slightly offset to one side, but the table he was using was bang inline with the centre of the screen.

We moved the table a couple of inches to one side, pointed the lens at the centre of the screen, then adjusted for level. Perfect results and one slightly embarrased dealer.

This same problem happens with ceiling bracket installs too. Everything needs to be installed so the lens points at the centre of the screen. And remember to compensate the opposite way if the projector is being hung upside down.

Regards

3. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,002
  4. Peter Parker

Peter Parker
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,670
    Don't you mean: "Can't live with them, can't shoot them"?? :)

But, just to confirm what Chris said - I had exactly the same problem with my pj when I first installed it, and I found that it wasn't central to the screen, so I had slightly twisted the pj to fit the image to the screen.

Just moving it 2" to the right meant that the pj was then firing straight, and the image was perfect once realigned.

Gary.

5. VintageMark

VintageMark
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for all your help!

I had spent quite a bit of time setting it up originally but rushed this time because I know its going to be moving again soon... I'm trying to build a hush box for it...

So I guess I shall be playing these games again soon enough! At least I'm better armed this time....

Thanks Chris and Co....

Mark.