1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sim2 HT200 Documentation and Utilities

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Scart2RGB, Mar 27, 2001.

1. Scart2RGB

Scart2RGB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently bought a HT200 (Red one of course!), and love it. However, scanning through the menu's there are a few things that aren't reffered too in the documentation. Does anyone know where you can find or get advanced documentation on these machines.

Also, I have read notes about scaler versions (I'm currently on 1.15). How is this updated, and when/how are you notified of any updates/enhancements?

2. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    Pleased to read that you are happy with your new projector.

Software version 1.15 is the most current release. Information about new software versions can be obtained from the Sim2 web site www.sim2.it

New software releases will be available as free downloads once we have certified them OK.

The download proceedure is simple. The program contains an automatic loading feature. All you need do is connect a computer to your projector via a 9pin serial lead and follow the onscreen prompts. The process takes about 5 minutes. Alternatively, take your projector to the dealer who can do the download for you.

The manual refers to the HT200 and HT250 models. If there are any points that you would like clarification on, please send me an e-mail and I'll be happy to provide the information.

Regards

------------------
    Chris Frost
    Regional Sales Manager-N.England & Scotland
    Owl Video Systems Ltd
    www.owl-video.co.uk

3. Scart2RGB

Scart2RGB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Chris, for the information. The specific question I have is related to Sync Delay. I use a RGB input (the QED Sqart), and wanted to know if this setting is related to RGB, and what adjustments it would make. Also, there are User apect ratio settings, its not clear how these are setup and saved (if at all) - any help is very much appreciated.

4. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    If by Sync Delay you mean Phase and Frequency, these only apply to computer signals. An RGB Video feed from a DVD player or Digital Receiver doesn’t require this feature.

The User Aspect Ratios are automatically stored in non-volatile memory.

To set a custom picture size simply arrow down to the appropriate user bank (there are three in software version 1.15) then arrow right. A sub menu appears with the words Horizontal and Vertical. Use the up or down arrow to select either Horizontal or Vertical, then use the left or right arrow to adjust. You will see the picture change shape.

The User aspect ratios are a unique feature of the HT200/250 DLP projectors. No other single lens projector has this ability without using an external processor such as a scaler. Typical uses include zooming up 14:9 to fill a 4:3 screen, creating a 4:3 window inside your 16:9 projection screen and creating a custom aspect ratio for 1.66:1 films.

I hope this helps

Regards

------------------
    Chris Frost
    Regional Sales Manager-N.England & Scotland
    Owl Video Systems Ltd
    www.owl-video.co.uk