Sim2 HT200 DMF comparisons to the DM ?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by carrera2rs, Jun 30, 2002.

1. carrera2rs

carrera2rs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the good fortune of seeing the new Sim2 200DMF against the Sim3 HT300. I was blown away by both in actual fact.

The detail was quite stunning on the 300, and the black levels awesome. My question is to see if anyone knows how the HT200 DM compares to the DMF and can the DM be upgaded ?

I have seen them both independently, but when I saw the DMF for the first time it was a better picture than I had seen before from a 200, but could of been the Arcam 27, the screen, the set up in the shop etc etc

Tks
    Adrian:p :D :p

2. minimivic

minimivic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Hi Adrian,

The difference between the HT200DM and DMF is the Faroudja DCDi deinterlacer and a higher 6x speed colour wheel. The DM has 5x speed wheel.

The DM is far better than the standard HT200, colour accuracy is much improved and the rainbows are non existant (for me anyway). The HT300 has a higher resolution HD1 chip 1280x720 compared to the HT200 series 800x600 or 848x480 in Duel mode (16:9). The contrast is also improved.

The general presentation between the HT200DMF and the HT300 is similar, the 200 picture is a bit softer, while the 300 is very sharp and detailed.

The screen and possibly the DVD player do play an important part in the picture quality, the DV27 is very good in progressive and interlaced, i asume the demo was using the interlaced.....
    Screen wise, if you can afford it look at a Stewart firehawk, it really improves the black levels are detail, without sacrificing the brightness.

Hope this helps.

3. cameronl

cameronl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    hi there all, can't tell you the difference but I can tell you about the sim2 200 dmf because I have one.

It looks great - like they all do (mine is RED).

The picture is excellant and so are the colors. The light is a little dim sometimes. With the PC connected it looks good for games, though it has to be set at 800x600 to be able to see text clearly while you reading word docs etc...

Even tv looks excellant, though movies look a lot better when run through component video.

hope this helps someone.

CaM