Sim2 domino 30 problem

Mr Regan

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi my sim2 30 has recently developed a problem, When first switching on it doesn't detect any source but slowly the picture will flicker on and off the screen until it eventually stabilises at around 8 mins then it is fine for the rest of the night. Any ideas what this might be?

Tried different cables but its the same,

Steve

Hi Steve
Thats a bummer! Never had or heard of this issue.

Is this just the HDMI input, or does it affect Component, Composte and/or SVHS? Assuming you are routing sources via an AVR or equivalent, have you tried hooking up the PJ directly to a source?

If its just the HDMI, has the cable got pinched, trodden on, or exposed to excessive heat that might have caused damage?

The input settings haven't been altered by somebody ? - I know you can "hide" inputs you are not using from the source list, so might be a freaky occurence.

Has the bulb been recently replaced or the PJ knocked/dropped? might be a faulty connection although I have no experience of fitting a new bulb.

Does the cooling fan staart up and sound OK - not sure if there the pj can sort of shut down of too hot because of insufficient cooling.

You could try speaking to an engineer at Sim2 for advice.

Sorry these ideas are a bit vague, just trying to help!

Good luck!

Hi Steve
Thats a bummer! Never had or heard of this issue.

Is this just the HDMI input, or does it affect Component, Composte and/or SVHS? Assuming you are routing sources via an AVR or equivalent, have you tried hooking up the PJ directly to a source?

If its just the HDMI, has the cable got pinched, trodden on, or exposed to excessive heat that might have caused damage?

The input settings haven't been altered by somebody ? - I know you can "hide" inputs you are not using from the source list, so might be a freaky occurence.

Has the bulb been recently replaced or the PJ knocked/dropped? might be a faulty connection although I have no experience of fitting a new bulb.

Does the cooling fan staart up and sound OK - not sure if there the pj can sort of shut down of too hot because of insufficient cooling.

You could try speaking to an engineer at Sim2 for advice.

Sorry these ideas are a bit vague, just trying to help!

Good luck!

Hi mate thanks for the reply :thumbsup: It's just the 30 model so doesn't have hdmi but has got a convertor which plugs into the component, I plugged my denon dvd player straight in to the component but it was the same so that rules the convertor out.

I have also tried 4 different cables and it's the same on start up:facepalm: The thing is once it's up and running for around 8/10 minutes it's perfect, I have just fitted a new bulb but it started to do this on the old one just before i replaced it.

When you first switch it on all of the sources are not highlighted but eventually it wall start flashing the picture up on the screen until it settles down, I have the convertor set at YPbPr 32hz not RGB which i think is correct.

Steve

Yeah looks right to me. Sorry wasn't able to find the right solution. Maybe try Sim2 or sending a pm to RTFM who is very knowledgeable on Sim2 but not sure Jeff visits AVF much these days

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom