1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sim2 Domino 20

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by m0v1em4n, Nov 27, 2004.

1. m0v1em4n

m0v1em4n

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    Hi All,

Thinking of getting the Sim2 Domino 20/20h, and was wondering a few things

1 is the bulb user changeable?
    2 where can I find any reviews and info on the Domino 20?
    3 Presume this unit comes with a 2 year guarantee, is this dependant on where you buy, I.e. Sim2 authorized dealer, if I find a good deal on the web the only draw back is if it need to go back under warrantee, where can I find a list of service/dealer? would they accept the unit for repair although it was not bought from them, The sim2 site is not very help full

checked out the reviews on HCC web, one of the reviews from What Home Cinema I believe said that the unit did not have a zoom :laugh: but I know this is not true,

Just like to get as much info as possible before buying

Steve

2. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Steve,

The Domino 20 is no longer available.
    It has been replaced with the Domino 18.
    The Domino 20H is still current.

The warranty is 2 yrs and 1 yr or 3000 hours on the lamp, whichever comes first. The lamp is best replaced by your dealer. The chances are that with 6000 hour lamp life you will be upgrading your projector before you need a new lamp. I don't charge customers for replacing the lamp. It also gives me a chance to check their projector and make any adjustments I see fit and possibly install new software.

In the UK Sim2 projectors are only available from Sim2 Authorised dealers who have been carefully chosen and trained by Sim2 UK so thay can give their customers the best possible service.

Magazine reviews are handy for seeing what's on the market but they often get their facts wrong and it's only one person's opinion, so believe what you read at your peril!

There is no substitute for getting out there and seeing the product set up properly by a dealer who knows what he's doing.

P.S. the Sim2 range all have zoom lenses.

Hope this helps

Jeff
    :rtfm: