1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SIM2 Domino 20

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Oliveira, May 19, 2004.

1. Oliveira

Oliveira

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

I´m considering upgrading my Sony HS10 for a Domino 20.

Last week my dealer let me bring a Domino home for a trial with my Denon 2900 (component conection with progressive scan). The quality of the image was far better, but i´ve a few questions:

- I´ve notice a bit of image noise (not present with the sony) in light color images (Like sky or snow) even in DVDs with great image like "Charlie Angels - SuperBit", Starwars - Episode II or Seabiscuit.

- I´ve set the Domino in "anomorphic", i tried "pixel to pixel" but the image appears in 4:3 and kinda small :confused:

I wonder if there is something i could do about this to improve the overall quality.

Thanks.

Pedro

2. gandley

gandley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +269
    the image goes small as its matching the output of the dvd player with no scaling, the pixel X pixel option works best when fed with a PC, in your case 1024X576. which is i think the same as the domino 20s native res.

as for pic noise make sure no noise reduction systems are active, i would also mention that with improved definition , disc encoding errors do become more noticable, and can look like pic noise when it is in fact compression errors etc.

a bit off tweeking will probaly sort it.

3. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,953
    Have you set the white and black levels using Avia or Video Essentials? If you have the brightness set too high, this can reveal lots of mpg noise etc. Using the correct gamma can make a lot of diference too. IIRC, there's a 'movie' gamma setting. RTFM should be able to point you in the right direction there though.

Gary.

4. Oliveira

Oliveira

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replies.

I bought Digital Video essentials and :) ...great.

Thanks again!!!

Pedro