• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sim2 Domino 20 HDMI upgrade?

Blasto

I have a Sim2 D20 and am relocating it so will require a 15m run of concealed cable. I'd much rather be fitting HDMI as I hope to upgrade my projector sometime, but my SIM2 in component only.

Is it possible to upgrade a D20 to HDMI to see me through? Is there a kit or could a dead D20H act as a donor?

My only other options are to run HDMI and component or Cat6 for baluns, but I'd rather not...

Cheers

Paul

NonPayingMember

Previously Liam @ Prog AV
You could run HDMI and use a HDFury2 on the back of the Sim2. This is actually something Sim2 recommended at one point, they were selling what were essentially HDFury1s to be used with their non-HDMI projectors a few years ago. It's around £150 but will give you a HDMI-Component that works with all the signals your projector can accept (and more).

Blasto

Thanks for that Liam. I wasn't aware HDMI - Component converters existed beyond the lossy Hong Kong boxes on ebay. Nice to know there is a quality solution.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom