1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sim2 demo

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by pinky3003, Apr 9, 2005.

1. pinky3003

pinky3003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    hi chaps, im going down to sim2 on mon morn to have a demo of there 20h/30h....just a quick thought passed my mind....should i be asking or looking for anything special.......this is my first projector demo.....many thanks pinky.

2. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    pinky,

you may be better off running your thread in the dedicated Sim2 Forum.

Jeff :rtfm:

3. pinky3003

pinky3003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    i thought of that thanks jeff....but it was more a general question

4. foghorn

foghorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    If you are going to compare the 20H and 30H you want to be convinced that at the end of the demo there was a noticeable difference between the two models to justify the additional £1500 cost.

The 30H uses the HD2+ chip (1280x720) with a contrast ratio of 2800:1; the 20H uses the Matterhorn (1024x576) and contrast ratio of 2000:1.

With the 30H I would expect to see a smoother picture, greater 3D effect, also in darker scenes more detail and better shades.

If it were possible I would ask to see both models performing with HDTV this is where the extra resolution will come into play.

Well that’s my tuppence worth, however I don’t own a Sim2.

If you want a Sim2 owners opinion then perhaps you should post your enquiry in the Sim2 section, hey maybe even then Jeff might chip in with some advice!

Foghorn

5. pinky3003

pinky3003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    many thanks fog

6. AndyR

AndyR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i had demo of both an bought the 30H. IMO the difference was small but noticable. i went for the 30h as i wanted a high def projector. the 20h is very very good however. i am still bowled over by the picture quality of my 30H. i demod with apocalypse now and avoided the pixar dvds as they are too good to see the differences!