1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sim2 D20H HDMI problem

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Nuno Santos, Aug 8, 2005.

1. Nuno Santos

Nuno Santos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi,

I'm having problems with the HDMI input of my Sim2 Domino 20H (SW version 2.30.00 F (JON) (002)).

I've been using the D20H with a DVD player through its interlaced component output and decided to test it with a new Denon 2910 DVD player (using the HDMI 576p output).

I tried 3 different HDMI-HDMI cables (from 3 to 15 meters) but it doesn't work. No matter what I do, disconnect the cables, turn the Denon and/or Sim2 OFF, reconnect them, disconnect the component cables, etc.. it always displays a green image with some flashes of the image.

Can you help me?

NS

2. Nuno Santos

Nuno Santos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I tried with the 2910 outputing 576p, 720p or 1080i, but the result is the same: it gives me a green picture or 'No Signal'. I checked and re-checked the connections at both ends, and still no go.

Is there any known incompatibility with the 2910 and the D20H? Any workarounds?

NS

3. VUDSM

VUDSM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nuno,

Have you established that the HDMI port on the Denon is working. A friend of mine has a Domino 20H and bought a Pioneer S969AVi (868AVi in Europe). We hooked it up and it didn't work. Tried a different cable and still no go. I brought his unit (the S969AVi) around to my place (I have a HT300 Link and a S969AVi via HDMI) and hooked it up to my PJ and it still didn't work. The HDMI port on the Pioneer was faulty.

If the HDMI on the Denon works on another PJ then maybe your Domino has a problem.

Derek

4. pingu

pingu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Hi Nuno,

This probably isn't very helpful, but I have just taken delivery of my 2910 and D20H and I have a 15m Chord HDMI cable connecting them.

When switching to the HDMI input, I too get the green flash and/or "No Signal", but it is followed quickly by the picture in all its glory, so I don't think that there is an inherent fault, you may be unlucky with one of your components - probably not the cable as you've tried 3 of them.

Have you got a DVI -> HDMI adaptor? You could try the Denon's DVI output to discount/confirm a problem with the HDMI out.

Cheers,
    Steve.

5. Nuno Santos

Nuno Santos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thank you for your replies.

The Denon was working perfectly on a Sony HS20 using a 15 meter HDMI-HDMI cable, so, in theory, the problem is not within the player.

Sometimes I get a flash of the picture but it goes back to the green/'No Signal' display. It just seems that the D20H can't lock on the picture. First I thought it was down to the cable, but I get the exact same results with 3 different cables...

I did a quick search on the subject and remember to read something about the way the Denon's colourspace works through HDMI, so this issue might me solved with firmware.

Pingu, which firmware do you have on your Domino 20H?

NS

6. pingu

pingu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Don't know off the top of my head, but I will find out.

7. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    NS

Will send you 2.36.09

Jeff

8. Nuno Santos

Nuno Santos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks, Jeff :thumbsup:

I'll see if there's any change with that firmware.

NS

9. Nuno Santos

Nuno Santos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi,

Upgraded to 2.36.09 firmware last night and finnaly managed to see HDMI on all its glory on my Domino 20H :clap: .

It seems that there was indeed a fix with this firmware that made the Denon 2910 and the D20H compatible.

Although I was able to do just a few testing after calibrating the HDMI input, I was astonished with the amount of detail you get when using the HDMI connection. Comparing this connection with my current setup that uses the interlaced output of my DVD player, the latter seems much more blurred and with less detail. On the other hand the picture through HDMI seems a bit pale and the colors are not so 'juicy'.

Oh well, you can't have it all (decisions, decisions... :confused: ).

NS

10. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    NS

Glad the firmware helped.

Check to see if you can adjust the Saturation in the Denon menu. You can with the Pioneer HDMI players.

Jeff

11. firmware needed

firmware needed
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Could you please send me the firmware i am having the same issues