1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sim2 & Avia

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by JBT, Mar 8, 2002.

1. JBT

JBT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Sim2 HT200DM with a quadscan elite (set up myself as I live in the wilds far from any dealer) with a Cyrus DVD player. I find the picture excellant subjectively but decided after lurking for some time as a reader of this forum to take Gordon's advice and set up using Avia.

I find that I cannot get the black levels set as the image will not at any setting distinguish the moving black columns which seem to be required for this paerticular routine.

I have a relatively high gain glass beaded screen (da-lite), is this the problem and would a grey screen material such as da-lite's da-mat make a significant differance.

Hope you can help

JBT::confused:

2. ian_guinan

ian_guinan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I've used Avia with a Sim2 200DM and found that on my Denon DVD-2800 on standard setting I was unable to show the moving black bars.

The trick is to adjust the brightness and contrast on the video settings of your player. I did this with Contrast/Brightness at 50% on the projector. Seems to work for me.

Regards,
    Ian Guinan

3. music man

music man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    Could you please tell me where you obtained the avia disc as i wish to purchase one to set up my projecter.
    Thanks in advance.

4. JBT

JBT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got my copy of Avia from Amazon.com (the US not the UK ) web site.

JBT