Sim only with no subscription please?

Skyfall74

I'd like to get a seperate mobile phone with a Sim that doesn't require any payment other than the price paid for the Sim. For clarity; that means no bank, credit card or bank card details are required; in fact not even an email address.

For further clarity; I'd like to top up this Sim when I decide/feel like it; not because I have to because of some calling plan or 'contract' I've inadvertently bought in to.

I know it's easy enough to buy an unlocked mobile phone but the choice of Sim cards and the 'trick terminology' they use to get you to buy is both bothersome and confusing.

Furthermore; when I insert a bought Sim from wherever, insert into phone and power it on, do I simply find out the phone's 'new' number by calling another phone?

Anyone like to shed light on all of this for me?

andrejsiv

Standard Member
I'd like to get a seperate mobile phone with a Sim that doesn't require any payment other than the price paid for the Sim. For clarity; that means no bank, credit card or bank card details are required; in fact not even an email address.

For further clarity; I'd like to top up this Sim when I decide/feel like it; not because I have to because of some calling plan or 'contract' I've inadvertently bought in to.

I know it's easy enough to buy an unlocked mobile phone but the choice of Sim cards and the 'trick terminology' they use to get you to buy is both bothersome and confusing.

Furthermore; when I insert a bought Sim from wherever, insert into phone and power it on, do I simply find out the phone's 'new' number by calling another phone?

Anyone like to shed light on all of this for me?
Just go to any shop and buy from there for around 99p. Phone number will be on the back of packaging, so you can choose one. All tills at Asda, Tesco and etc have them.

You can try Lebara, they don't ask you to topup monthly and you can just add credit whenever you like

The latest video from AVForums

Prey + Bullet Train reviews, Heat 4K + Event Horizon 4K and all the latest movies and TV news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom