Sim only unlimited data options - is Lycamobile really as bad as reviews suggest?

Trend

Lyca Sim arrived and works perfectly fine in my Archer MR600 Router (you need to set data roaming to on though). In the day time I get around 20-25mbps but in the evening it reaches 60mbps even with 2 bars signal so can't complain. Best spot I've found is upstairs near the window which has 2 bars solid and 3 if I open the window and stick my arm out holding the router pointing it upwards and to the left towards the mast (might get an antenna in a few months if this still works and have 3 bars constantly).

For £12.50/month for 6 months it's a really good price, I'll see how this goes and keep everyone updated if anything changes.

Thanks guys.
How did you set Data Roaming to On please? I have the sim in the router but can’t get the internet connection. ( I don’t have a phone that takes the micro sim)

dsingh1991

How did you set Data Roaming to On please? I have the sim in the router but can’t get the internet connection. ( I don’t have a phone that takes the micro sim)

I think you need to go into the router settings by entering the IP address in the search bar (something like 192.168..). Once you do this, you should see an option which will allow you to enable/disable the data roaming.

Hope this helps!

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN800B 8K TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom