SIM not Supported????

roxyskinflint

Hi guys after a bit of help,

Bought a 2nd hand 3GS for my father in law last week, it had no SIM but was told it was unlocked,

Anyway tried an 02 sim in it last night and when i connected to itunes it said SIM does not appear to be supported

Any suggestions??? im thinking that it hasnt been unlocked properley, think he had it previously on vodafone, should i get hold of a vodafone SIM and try that????

Thanks

8ace

My wife just bought one from her son ex-contract orange iphone 3G...... Pay as you go works in the phone with orange sim but no other sim than orange worked. He (as the ex contract & phone owner) had to contact orange, give his account details of the phone, pay £20.20 to them to unlock it then they send via email all the details via email to him within 30 days (which we are still waiting for but early days yet.

However it will be unofficially unlocked and will be registered as such on itunes therefore holding it's value better.

Hope this helps

Simba

Distinguished Member
Hi guys after a bit of help,

Bought a 2nd hand 3GS for my father in law last week, it had no SIM but was told it was unlocked,

Anyway tried an 02 sim in it last night and when i connected to itunes it said SIM does not appear to be supported

Any suggestions??? im thinking that it hasnt been unlocked properley, think he had it previously on vodafone, should i get hold of a vodafone SIM and try that????

Thanks

it would appear that the phone is locked.

roxyskinflint

guy i bought it off has said to send hime IMEI number off the box and he will chase it up as he's certain it should have been unlocked..

its a guy a know so not a lot of hassle

mhorton

I had the same problem when my mate bought my old iPh4 off me when I upgraded to the S. It was a replacement from Apple as my original one had a fault. I didn't realise that that it was locked to my orginal network. Spoke to T-Mobile gave them the new IMEI number and got it unlocked. Think you need to do the same thing.

Zain

Having similar issues.

Just restored/updated my sons replacement 3GS.

Now not recognizing any sim at all.
Was originally a O2 phone that was officialy unlocked, then replaced
By apple. Was using T mobile sim for a few months on older firmware, now updated to 5.1 and not recognizing any sim, not even 02

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

Z

Zain

Actually it works with 02 but nothing else :rolleyes:

will have to call O2 or/and Apple in the morning.

Thanks

Z

Having similar issues.

Just restored/updated my sons replacement 3GS.

Now not recognizing any sim at all.
Was originally a O2 phone that was officialy unlocked, then replaced
By apple. Was using T mobile sim for a few months on older firmware, now updated to 5.1 and not recognizing any sim, not even 02

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

Z

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom