1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sim HT 200 Review in HCC (FEB)

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Phil Hinton, Jan 18, 2001.

1. Phil Hinton

Phil Hinton
    Editor Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,987
    The Feb edition of HCC has just arrived in my post this morning(best thing about subscibing).There is a projector mega test including the new HT200.But while there is mention of the sony vplvw10ht in the text there is no room for it in this round up of lcd and dlp.
    Also i have read HCC from day one because of its in depth reviews, but have to say i'm a little disapointed with the rather short and non in depth review of all the projectors.Now this is proberly because of space issues but i feel if you are going to do things right then you need to cover these things in more depth than they are here.After all the people interested in spending that type of money need the info from such a usually well written article, which these are not.
    I know everyone is having a hard time at HCC at the moment after their loss this week (see general forum) so my apologises if these comments seem a little out of place, but i was really looking forward to this item and feel a little let down.

Any thoughts?

THX 1138

2. colemric

colemric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Clearly the mag has to cater to all of its readers, and not everybody is going to be in the market for £5k projectors or whatever. However, it does seem to me that there should be some relationship between the cost of the gadget and the level of detail in the review - these are big investments and we need all the help we can get! Equally, I am sure people who are looking at more modest gear still enjoy reading (and dreaming) about the expensive stuff - it's the same reason we all buy fast car magazines, after all!

------------------
    "Build it and they will come"

3. charles

charles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    I was very disapointed with the projector round-up this month-very feeble...i mean,what a surprise the projector thats 3k more than most of the others(bar the Mitsubishi)is the best!...well i`m blowed!!!
    Yet you look at the spec of the Plus and the spec of the Seleco-and there aint much in it..
    Also,why no mention of the Mitsubishi line doubler?
    This round-up told me nothing i didnt know-but what it could have told me for instance-was,is the mitsubishi as good as the Sony?..are the other dlp`s as good as the Sony?...how far away is the Plus from the Seleco?
    I mean-come on,there`s hundreds of lcd projectors out there-why sling in a 6k product against 3k products and a data lcd projector?...hcc should remember who it caters for..home cinema fans..
    I dont want to read reviews of crap product or 300 pound nicam videos...i want to read reviews of line doublers,screens,crt projectors,..what about Martin Logan speakers?..Faroudja quadruplers,Dwin line doublers,Runco projectors.....Whats going on ?....more and more pages of adverts..the dvd section always misses the one thing fans want to know..what is the best version of the disc to buy?...where are region comparisons?....its geting bad...I might be stopping buying soon if things dont improve...