• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sim Free HTC P3300 - How do I connect to Vodafone?

Shady Deal

Standard Member
Hi,
Am getting the above phone tomorrow and I believe that i will need some settings to make it work with my Vodafone contract sim that I have in a old Nokia phone?

Have just rung vodaphone and they don't recognise my new phone and therefore can't tell me the settings I need!!

Hopefully someone out there can help:lease:

williemaykit

Established Member
Windows Mobile devices should, in theory, be able to set themselves up. That is what happened with my Windows Mobile 5 and 3UK sim card. It was an unbranded Palm Treo 750. If there is a feature that is not set up when you plug your sim card in, a search on google or yahoo should give you the answer.

Resonance

Established Member
Hi,
Am getting the above phone tomorrow and I believe that i will need some settings to make it work with my Vodafone contract sim that I have in a old Nokia phone?

Have just rung vodaphone and they don't recognise my new phone and therefore can't tell me the settings I need!!

Hopefully someone out there can help:lease:

Voice calls should work without any problem. You may have to set up a few things: SMS message centre number (same as in your current phone); APN for GPRS internet access ("internet" on vodafone, no username or password) and voice mail number for quick access. There are probably a few other things I can't think of at the moment, so just give it a try and see what works (or doesn't).

Shady Deal

Standard Member
Voice calls should work without any problem. You may have to set up a few things: SMS message centre number (same as in your current phone); APN for GPRS internet access ("internet" on vodafone, no username or password) and voice mail number for quick access. There are probably a few other things I can't think of at the moment, so just give it a try and see what works (or doesn't).

Is the voice mail number only "121". I would have thought the proper number should be longer and start with +44?

Also do I have to set up a connection for WAP or do I only need a GPRS connection??

Thanks Again

F

faza20

Hi Shady Deal

121 will work from your handset, you only need to dial a +44 number when remote accessing your mailbox.

You can use just the GPRS settings for the internet, the username and password are both web

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom