Sim 20H Lamp Problem

A

Allen S

My Sim 20H has been replaced by a new machine on two occasions (ie I'm now on my third such projector) and each timr the same problem occurs. On switching on the projector from cold, there is a succession of rapid clicks but the lamp fails to 'fire'. The projector makes two attempts at firing up after which it is necessary to switch it off and try again. It may take 20 or more attempts for the lamp to fire after which things settle down for 3 or 4 days before the problem occurs again. The first machine I had experienced this problem after 20 hours total usage, the second after just 4 hours and my current model after around 600 hours. Once in operation the projector is just fine but the frustration of not being able to rely on it coming on is becoming too much to bear. Has anyone else experienced this problem or can suggest a possible cause?

Allen S

Sturm

Allen,

Haven't had such a problem (although did have a flicker issue with 2 bulbs in my projector some time ago) so I do sympathise. Have a chat with a guy called Eddie from Sim2 (Tel. 01825-750850) and he will certainly point you in the right direction. Hopefully your projector is still under guarantee.

Sturm.

Timmy C

I had a 20 and now have a 30h and haven't had a problem with either but I do remember something similar with my old HT200. I can't remember a clicking noise but I do remember having to switch it off and back on again on a couple of occasions. After a chat with Eddie (very helpful chap) I sent it in and when it came back it seemed fine but I upgraded soon afterwards so don't know if the problem ever returned.

A

Allen S

Alan

The original unit was purchased in April 2004 and the latest replacement arrived in May 2004 (serial number 403031024). The lamp has never been changed - it has 971 hours on the clock. I had discounted the problem being the actual lamp since both previous unit failures had occurred within such a short time span - ie after 4 hours and 20 hours.

Allen S

AD Roser

We did experience lamp issues prior in one partiular batch prior to June 04, send the unit Back to us and if it is one of these lamps then we will replace it for you FOC. Just need to pay for P&P

A

Allen S

Alan
Many thanks for your interest and help. I'll arrange to get the projector back via Rayleigh HI-Fi (the Supplier). Alternatively I could possibly deliver it back myself to avoid any possible damage in transit. Would this be acceptable and if so is there anyone in particular that I should address it to?

Allen

Top Bottom