1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silverstone LC16 Case

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by StevieB, Sep 29, 2005.

1. StevieB

StevieB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Can anyone tell me, whether the Silverstone LC16 case will accept the new GeForce 7800 Graphics cards?

It states on Silverstonetek's website, that it won't take the 6800 cards and above, so does that include the new 7800 as well?

If it does, does anyone know why they don't accept them?

Does anyone know of a similar case to the LC16 that does accept these new cards if that is the case?

Cheers guys.

Steve

2. Skunkpipe

Skunkpipe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, it's certainly not an issue with passive 6600/6600GT, so card width isn't an issue.
    Card height also isn't an issue as this case is , the only issue I can think of is card length.
    If the card is a full length card then it could fowl on the DVD drive/DVD drive bay.
    I've just measured the one I have hear and I room for a card 200mm long with a HP640i DVD drive installed. With a smaller DVD drive you could get upto 230mm of length in there.

As for similar cases. Look at the LC14m - it has the buttons and the VFD (but not the 'volume' knob). The LC17 - same chassis - different layout putting the drives to the right hand side, but no VFD or buttons, and the LC18 - as the LC17 but with touch screen.

The LC14m is the closest case available. The Differences in the main chassis are that the LC14m has 2 x 60mm fans to the rear V's 2 x 80mm for the LC16m and the LC16m draws air in for the PSU from the outside of the box rather than warm air from the inside.

3. 9761

Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,

My friend bought this case along with 2 7800GTX and they don't fit, in the end he swapped the Case for another silverstone.