SilverStone LC13-E Case - Removing one of the Enclosures

Kuhva

Novice Member
I am looking at bastardizing my old gaming PC that is gathering dust and taking up space in my cupboard in to HTPC. Within it contains a Sapphire 4890 Toxic which is 242+ mm long, with end power connections. I was stumped on finding a big enough case to fit this till I came acrossthis Thread and I looked at tk2001's build using the LC13B-E. However I have noticed that he has removed on the 3.5'' enclosure. See here vs his internals pic. Is this easy to do? It looks as if you just remove some screws or does it require any cutting?

Thanks for any help!

Cheers

Kuhva

Last edited:

Moolers

I am looking at bastardizing my old gaming PC that is gathering dust and taking up space in my cupboard in to HTPC. Within it contains a Sapphire 4890 Toxic which is 242+ mm long, with end power connections. I was stumped on finding a big enough case to fit this till I came acrossthis Thread and I looked at tk2001's build using the LC13B-E. However I have noticed that he has removed on the 3.5'' enclosure. See here vs his internals pic. Is this easy to do? It looks as if you just remove some screws or does it require any cutting?

Thanks for any help!

Cheers

Kuhva
The middle HDD case also houses the fan mount, so if you want to use a fan in the middle you'll need to cut the cage to fit a GPU (unless its a small card), easy enough to do if you have a dremel handy.

Kuhva

Novice Member
The middle HDD case also houses the fan mount, so if you want to use a fan in the middle you'll need to cut the cage to fit a GPU (unless its a small card), easy enough to do if you have a dremel handy.

Thanks for your reply. I was never really any good at woodshop and being a young lad in his first flat I don't have a dermal handy, my range of power tools currently extended to £15 quid power drill!

Back to my original question does the enclosure come out. I would rather not cut at this point. I will revaluate if I have over heating issues.

Moolers

Thanks for your reply. I was never really any good at woodshop and being a young lad in his first flat I don't have a dermal handy, my range of power tools currently extended to £15 quid power drill!

Back to my original question does the enclosure come out. I would rather not cut at this point. I will revaluate if I have over heating issues.
Picked up an ALDI/LIDL multitool and assorted bits for 20 euro recently, might be worth a look.

EDIT:Sorry, yes it just has 2 screws holding it to the chassis.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom