Silverstone LC03 Case - any experiences?

Jez1

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone here used a Silverstone LC03 as the case for their HTPC? I'm keen to read any feedback from someone with experience re good/bad points of this particular case, as well as recommendations. Looks nice and cheap (esp if I buy from Scan this evening or tomorrow morning before the today only offers change) but also looks from the pics and reviews I've read as though it should make a decent HTPC case.

All comments/views welcome.

Thanks very much

Jez

Not sure about the LC03 specifically but the general opinion of Silverstone cases is quite good.

Having had a quick look at the case on the Silverstone Website I would think that the 60mm Exhaust fans would be a negative from my point of view (60mm need to run much louder than 80mm to get rid of the same amount of heat, also the range of 60mm fans on the market is very limited compared to there bigger 80mm cousins)

Of course it all depends on what you would like to put in the case as to wether this will work for you.

Thanks - very clear answer and I hadn't even considered the fan size issue. It won't be a gaming PC, but I'm planning on everything I need to play BluRays and high def MKV files, plus a couple of HDDs, so I think I want to go for decent cooling. LC03 ruled out for me then, was just interested because it looked very cheap.

Thanks again

Try an LC17. They are cheap and have excellent cooling via 80mm fans. I have 2 of them. :)

Thanks Razor, that's the other one I was looking at as it isn't much more and looks good :)

Try an LC17. They are cheap and have excellent cooling via 80mm fans. I have 2 of them. :)

Just put a system together using one of these. Its a very nice case. Will accommodate both ATX/Matx

Thanks guys. I'm putting together my specs/requirements list at present. Once I've done this I'll put the list up to ask for opinions from you more experienced guys - I've not built a media PC before (although all my PCs for the last 10 years have been DIY jobs, so I'm quite relaxed about the idea of putting it together, just keen to make sure I get all the right bits).

Thanks guys. I'm putting together my specs/requirements list at present. Once I've done this I'll put the list up to ask for opinions from you more experienced guys - I've not built a media PC before (although all my PCs for the last 10 years have been DIY jobs, so I'm quite relaxed about the idea of putting it together, just keen to make sure I get all the right bits).

Its no different to building a normal pc except you have allot less room to work with. I run all my cables or as much cables as possible underneath the mobo as it gives a neater job with a better airflow path.

Anyway good luck with the build. :smashin:

I'd never even thought of running cables under the MB - thanks for that!

Quick question

Will the remote control that comes with these cases bring the PC out of hibernation? Or would I have to get off my ass and press the power button?:boring:

Cheers

Robbo100

Yes it should, the Imon control pad hooks directly in to the motherboard and power supply so you can use it to turn the machine on/off and bring it out of standby

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom