SILVERSTONE LASCALA LC01 HTPC ATX Case

???????

Link to external site removed - not really fair giving free publicity/advertising as we have HCPC case powerbuys & HCPC case suppliers sponsoring the forums - Kramer

Since when? New policy?

ok sorry guy the link hase bean moved but dont no why as i see lots of link's on the forums ?? but still.
the cost of the case is £150 = P+P £10 tops i think are close to that pc there from a guy in the uk

Why no link please?

Dave

So if my thread on the Silverstone cases wasn't free advertising what is,I thought this was supposed to be a helpful forum.
Rob

Crazy. Censorship at its daftest. Come on Kramer, cut those of us that want to buy this case a little slack. We have already decided we don`t want the powerbuy case, so you aren`t losing trade

Chris

Not everyone can afford a strata case either

Originally posted by SLIM

[Link to external site removed - not really fair giving free publicity/advertising as we have HCPC case powerbuys & HCPC case suppliers sponsoring the forums - Kramer]

If the forum sponsors can't take any competition they aren't worth being affiliated with. It shows that they have no faith that they can provide a price and quality of service that would draw people to use them.

Have you ever visited the OverclockersUK forum? They are so insecure about their business that they ban any mention of any business that could [in even the remotest way] be competing with them for business (so that's no mentions of ebay, Amazon - possibly not even the river! :zonked:, Ryman?- OcUK sell pens now!)

Can you imagine people not being allowed to take any mobile except Vodafone into a ManU match?

If the avforums go down this slippery slope, it will cease to be a useful resource. :suicide:

Matt.

I have posted links to other websites on here before no probs. There are more cases on the market than the ones sponsored here. I know the advertisers provide valuable income to help run this site and we pay nothing for it, but the site is only useful if we can discuss the whole market NOT just what the sponsors say!

Please reinstate the link mods or Spectre

Thanks

Dave

Sorry does this now mean that no links to retailers can be used on these forums anymore unless the retailer in question is a forum sponsor or the product being linked to is not available from any current forum sponsor??

Could we please have a definitive answer from a mod/Spectre please.

Thanks

Ryan :smashin:

:rolleyes: :suicide:

Sad day for the Forums if this is to be the future...............:thumbsdow

Yeah, the silence is deafening!

Andy

Are we allowed to post the link in the "special offer" area of the forum? Is it only a link that is banned as opposed to being able to "name" the website in question?

Finally, (and to complete the farce), I take it that you realise the "sticky" post which appears at the top of the forum is a contravention of the "new" rule - it refers to various sites where cases can be purchased! The poster of the sticky: a moderator!

In defense of Spectre and the forums I think this is Kramer acting on his own rather than this being a forum policy. Has ayone actually reported this to Spectre and asked him to comment? Mods are only human, they can get it wrong sometimes.

I hope that is what it is, just an honest mistake/error. Come on mods/Spectre lets get this sorted out now so we all know where we stand regarding links.

Cheers

Dave

P.S. still looking for cheap Silverstone case in UK!!!!!!

Sorry - my attention has only just been brought to this thread.
Please let me know what the original link was and I'll edit it back into the top post. It's fine to include such a link. Assuming it doesn't fall into one of the categories below.

The only links we remove are those to
a) illegal sites (e.g. selling pirate DVDs) or irrelevant spam type sites
b) the occasional competing website if the post is promotional rather than useful
c) those to websites who specifically criticise us or who don't allow links to us or who are run by people who threaten to take us to court. And we often don't allow links to sites who promote the sites in category c either.

The idea is to let common sense prevail. Striking a balance between being as useful as possbile to forum members without breaking the law, undermining paid advertising or in extreme circumstances promoting sites whose owners have shafted us in some way.

Spectre
PM sent m8

ok guys the link is up

Originally posted by Dave777
I hope that is what it is, just an honest mistake/error.

Yes, my mistake :blush:

SLIM,

You have my apologies.

Personally I do think it a little unfair that the vendor (& more specifically, ebay) will profit from "free" advertising here while forum sponsors are contributing to the running costs etc.

No new rule, just a rogue (human) moderator making a mistake :oops:

:)

Know nead for apologies m8 you wear only doing what you fink was best @ the time but apologies accepted

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom