Quantcast

SilverScreen Instore Sale

AV Newbie

Novice Member
Just popped in during my lunch break.

Picked up:

The Coen Brothers Collection: £19.99 (Blood Simple, Barton Fink, Hudsucker Proxy, Big Lebowski)
Mad Max: £2.99
Dirty Harry: £2.99
Collateral (1 disc): £4.99
House of Flying Daggers: £4.99

Also saw The Deer Hunter going for £2.99, but already have it.

Worth checking out if you're near one of their stores.

Cheers.

gromet

Novice Member
Popped in as well and noticed :

Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events £5.99

Shark Tale £4.99

Ocean's Twelve £4.99

Gromet

Conn

Novice Member
All of the above plus Gremlins @ £2:99

Forgot to pick up Lemony Snicket....oh dear, will have to go DVD shopping again this week. Shame. :D

CrazyHorse

Gremlins 1&2 Double Pack - 3rd October 2005 - £24.99.

Gremlins is the same bare bones release that we have at the moment while Gremlins 2 will contain "a trailer, gag reel, 20 minutes of additional scenes, a commentary by director Joe Dante and producer Mike Finnell, a Behind The Screams featurette and an Easter Egg". This sounds the same as the R1 disc.

The R1 disc of Gremlins has "2 commentary tracks, 8 Additional Scenes (with Optional Commentary by Joe Dante, Mike Finnell and Actors), Photo Gallery, Featurette & Theatrical Trailers".

Both R1 Gremlins 1 & 2 are actually coded R1,2,3 & 4.

partyweb

Novice Member
AV Newbie said:
Just popped in during my lunch break.

Picked up:

The Coen Brothers Collection: £19.99 (Blood Simple, Barton Fink, Hudsucker Proxy, Big Lebowski)
This is also £19.99 in ASDA at the moment. :smashin:

Battle

They had Mad Max for £2.99

jimmymac87

Standard Member
They had Super Size Me for £3.99 too. I missed Lemony Snicket, darn it! Got the Deer Hunter though - just about to go and watch it

From a new store opened in Liverpool (next to the 99p in St Johns!!) looked on their website, they seem to be pmpin new store out!