Question Silvercrest Soundbar SSB 50 A1

Lectro

Novice Member
Hi

Lidl were selling these last week and I got one to use as a speaker for my PC. Works surprisingly well and sounds decent enough. Only issue I have is that it goes into standby after 20 minutes when there's no sound. It says in the manual it does this for Bluetooth but I'm connected with Optical and it's doing the same thing.

My question is, has anyone figured a way to disable the standby mode? Long pressing the power button when it's in standby changes the display to ERP for a moment but it doesn't say anything about it in the manual and it doesn't seem to do anything. I've tried a number of different button combinations but no joy.

Thanks

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
No experience with that brand but seems sensible enough to go into Standby after 20 mins of inactivity to save power - does it not come back out of Standby once you do present a signal?

Joe

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
A quick google shows that the Soundbar is CEC capable - possibly HDMI from the PC will work for you.

Joe

stevesladewski

Novice Member
Does anyone know where I can purchase a replacement remote Control for my SilverCrest soundbar (from Lidl) SSB 50 A1
Thanks in anticipation of o positive reply
Stevr

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom