1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silver XLS200 anyone?

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by MSYam, Jan 6, 2005.

1. MSYam

MSYam
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Evening all!

I think i've finally made my mind up between the MS309 and the BK XLS200...

After realising I could do with saving space, i've decided on the BK, even though my whole speaker setup is Mordaunt-Short Avant! :confused:

As I prefer my speakers grill-less, and there is a lot of silver around the room, I am thinking of the silver finish XLS200. What I would like to know is whether the finish on the silver one is as the other available finishes.

I know it's a long shot, but if anyone has the silver version, please could you share your opinions on the quality.

I'd also like to thank everyone on the forums, particularly the guys who did the big sub test at Dfours place, for helping me decide.

Cheers everyone

2. Grif

Grif

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I have a silver df xls.....paintjob seems pretty decent to me, nice'n thick....here's a couple of [cr*p] pics of mine

Attached Files:

3. theo cupier

theo cupier

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +113
    Grif

Presume the plinth it is standing on is yours rather than one which came with the sub?

Also, have you found the DF to work best sat in a corner like that? I have mine arriving next week so any tips appreciated.

4. MSYam

MSYam
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thats great thanks for the pics. It looks good to me. I read somewhere that subs work better away from corners or walls. Does your sound ok in the corner? Also, does the plinth reduce the sound in other rooms i.e. the room below (thats if your system is upstairs of course)?

5. Grif

Grif

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Yes, home made plinth....30mm MDF.....needed to isolate it from the suspended wooden floor. I'm fairly limited as to placement, but it works fine in the corner....your room will be different though so a play is called for.

6. Grif

Grif

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    MSYam.....must have been typing at the same time......no room below so can't answer that....I found my wooden floors were making it sound very woolly...the plinth cleaned it up nicely.

7. MSYam

MSYam
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers grif. All in all, are you happy with your choice of sub? Sound quality? Have you compared it to anything else?

8. Grif

Grif

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Yes very happy with it....I had a psw2500 before and whilst that was good with films I'd say the xls is faster, deeper a has more presence. I also wanted a sub with hi and lo connection ability. I bought a Vita50 at the same time to use on my centre channel and I'm very pleased with that too....an absolute bargain (as is the xls) but again, the xls out shines it, although I recon the 50 is even faster, but nowhere near as deep.