Silver Speakers for Yamaha Dspax761

Dark Eyes

Standard Member
Hello folks,

I am looking for suggestions of silver speakers to partner a Yamaha Dspax761.
I bought the amp during RS £200 offer, for my lounge that should be finished in the next month or two; and I would like to get the speakers cabled into the walls before we decorate.

I was initially looking at the Jamo A102 HCS5 set, but the silver ones come with black grills (why?) so I would have to go with the white ones, but they have a black sub !?!

So any suggestions welcome.

Thanks

DolbyDan

KEF 1005.1s are similar price and performance sub is silver too!

Crustyloafer

Distinguished Member
A few have been suggested already, here is a more comprehensive list:

Kef KHT1005.2
Kef KHT2005.2
Kef KHT3005SE
Kef KHT5005.2
Kef KHT9000ACE
B&W MT10
B&W MT20
B&W MT30
B&W FPM Range
Monitor Audio Radius Range
Arcam Muso/Logo
PMC Wafer Range

I'm sure there are many more from the likes of Canton, Tannoy, M&K etc that other people will suggest. This should give you a few ideas though.

Dark Eyes

Standard Member
Thanks for the suggestions - I have had a look at these, but I realise that I forgot to mention that my budget is £200 - £250 :oops:

I can't say I like the look of the Kefs (why the black grills again?), although they do seem to get good reviews.

Looking around the forums and on the web it seems that the following met my budget and I was wondering if anybody had any recommendations;

Denon SYS56 (nothing much said about these)
Tannoy FX/EFX (perhaps a little 'tinny' ?)
Harmon/Kardon HKTS 7 (how big is the sub :eek:)

Anything else I should consider ?

Dark Eyes

Standard Member
dont forget the Jamo A102 HCS5 as they are also available in silver

Unfortunately, despite the good reviews they get, I don't like look of the black grills on them. I also looked at the white A102 HCS5 set, but it comes with a black sub (why, when they make a white one ??)

DolbyDan

Go with the white Jamos, you can hide the sub away, or better yet you could always Fablon it, I did once with one of my subs with great results!

johnboy35

Thanks for the suggestions - I have had a look at these, but I realise that I forgot to mention that my budget is £200 - £250 :oops:

I can't say I like the look of the Kefs (why the black grills again?), although they do seem to get good reviews.

Looking around the forums and on the web it seems that the following met my budget and I was wondering if anybody had any recommendations;

Denon SYS56 (nothing much said about these)
Tannoy FX/EFX (perhaps a little 'tinny' ?)
Harmon/Kardon HKTS 7 (how big is the sub :eek:)

Anything else I should consider ?

Go with the Harmon/Kardon HKTS 7 great set of speakers

Dark Eyes

Standard Member
Go with the white Jamos, you can hide the sub away, or better yet you could always Fablon it, I did once with one of my subs with great results!

It is a possible option - I suppose I could paint or spray it. I am right in thinking that the speaker is firing out underneath ?

DolbyDan

It is a possible option - I suppose I could paint or spray it. I am right in thinking that the speaker is firing out underneath ?

Yep downfiring sub

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom