Silver RS6 Fronts

ellchester

I'm looking at getting two Silver RS6 Fronts - the cheapest I can find is £599. Does anyone know where I can pick them up for less?

Knyght_byte

Novice Member
£600 is the rrp on them......try a branch of 7oaks, usually they'll knock of £40 if you ask nicely, or bung in 5 or 6 metres of decent cable worth similar.....

either that or hunt harder...heh...usually some shops are doing summer sales, sadly you just missed the 7oaks one where they had them up for about £545..lol

altho tbh even at full price they are fantastic quality for the money......

ellchester

Thanks - will try 7oaks first.....

OneDesi

Don't know if it helps but wolves sevenoaks has some beech RS8's for £600 ex dem!

ellchester

Thanks for the tip - I checked the site and they were £600 new not ex-demo. I rang up and they said they had sold them but I could still order at that price. Peterborough S&V agreed to match and ordered a pair of brand new RS8s for £600! Just got home and my wife had collected them for me yesterday - fantastic. Thanks for the tip!

Dankeech

Aaah. Didn't see thread earlier!

Go to www.petertyson.co.uk, see the speakers are £600. Note you get a £90 voucher to spend on anything in store. Phone the shop and enquire aout the speakers and ask kindly if they would be ok taking allowing you to use the voucher off the current purchase.

You never know some people can be surprisingly accomodating, there's no harm asking. That'd mean £510 perhaps. Also, I'm almost certain it's free delivery too.

Dan.

1pudding1

Knyght_byte

Novice Member
er......you do realise the price quoted is for a single speaker, not the pair?

so at approx £200 a speaker, thats £400 the pair, add 25% is it for VAT? thats £500, then add another £80 say for 3-5 day worldwide delivery, assuming thats insured, and you hit the £580 mark which is what any store will offer you them for to secure a sale, and most would quite likely do them for £550 or do the £580 plus a few metres of cable...

in other words, nope it wont be cheaper, plus more chance of them being damaged as they have gone from Malaysia, to the USA, to the UK, instead of from Malaysia direct to the UK....heh

1pudding1

Hehe, yeah dont worry I knew it was per/speaker. Didnt realise there was 25% VAT on top also. Ah well, guess I'm gonna have to pay close to RRP for these and the center/surrounds.

Knyght_byte

Novice Member
well, you pay import duty if they are shipped over here as a being sold to you item........if you knew someone in the states though i guess you might get away with them buying them, then sending you them as a birthday gift or something and get away without import duty...lol.....somehow i think customs would say no chance and slap it on anyway :D

best thing you can do, if you want to get things cheaper on products where websites cant or wont offer discounts with the 'on view' price, is to get to a local dealer who is friendly and helpful and doesnt mind you taking your time with demos etc.....each time you go back to the same dealer and buy something, you'll most likely end up getting a better deal......I've bought all my current setup from one shop, and the last few items i've bought have been reduced far more than an online place would have reduced them for me with added extras like cable chucked on cheap/free.......Shops wont advertise discounts apart from a seasonal sale.....and some products they cant effectively discount.....however if you also buy another product at the same time they are allowed to discount, then you'd be surprised what they can manage...heh....

anyhow, shop around, but find a nice dealer and stick with them, in the long run it pays off ;)

Knyght_byte

Novice Member
oh, and of course those speakers are easily worth their full rrp if not more...very popular the RS6's.....i own the S6 predecessors and am more than happy with them for movie and multichannel music......i only upgraded for stereo because i'm a very fussy git with stereo music and want to get as good as i can, so i have a pair of MA's GR10's on a MF A5 amp.....absolutely sublime :)

Dankeech

Hi KB:hiya: , got your back here lol. Totally agree that even at full price these present excellent value. Local retailer instead of the max £90 you could save off rrp is well worth the price I reckon.

That maximum £90 you'd pay over cheapest price sure does buy a lot of value having a decent demo and the after-sales peace of mind.

You can probably get some cabling thrown in if you ask nicely too.

Hope this helps ellchester. Tbh I haven't really got spare money. Haven't even been on holiday this year etc but I splashed the extra to buy from a retailer and the whole experience and lack of worry has been more than worth it to me.

Dan.