Silver Efex Pro 2 - Compatability Question

AVTEZ59

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Can anyone advise what version of Lightroom and Photoshop Nik Silver Efex Pro 2 is compatible with ?. I have CS3 Extended and Lightroom 2.7 and considering purchasing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Terry

Hi Simon.....I'll give the trial version a whirl....but just thought I would check!

Terry

Hi Terry,

Hope all is well..

I use SEP 2 with Aperture, and do like the effects it gives. The one thing I've found is where it is quite popular now, you can often 'tell' a shot processed in SEP, so I try to stay away from the presets where I can.

Great bit of software though and do recommend it. It's pricey as been said, but you get what you pay for. I half expected the price to drop when Google bought Nik, especially as they made SnapSeed free after a while, but alas...

From what I have seen, it's far more powerful in conjunction with a CS suite than it is with simply Aperture. There a bundle of decent tutorials on their website too..

Like anything, how it runs depends on your machine, my 2008 iMac with 4GB struggles now and then, but the answer to that is simple - I'll get a new 27 iMac instead...

Thanks Gary......much appreciated.Glad to see you are still posting here and on Flickr....

Terry

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom